1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feigen] Six days in Vegas: How the Rockets landed Russell Westbrook

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 27, 2019.

1. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I'm kinda glad a good player didn't end up on another good team , making them even better …. and hope he doesn't end up on another good team.

Not that I have anything against CP3 really (I didn't like him before he came here but that's not the point) thing is , him on a poor team means one less better team our Rockets don't have to face at some point.

Just like I wish AD had gone to Charlotte or some other lower rung team instead of LA …. Maybe LeDiva misses 50 games and they suck just like the Pelicans.

Only one team in the NBA I care about and that's the Rockets , wish all the other teams had 15 G-league scrubs on the roster

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  2. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Just to be clear, he was saying that the trade to bring Harden here took 5 months. The westbrook trade apparently took 6 days.

For all the flack that Morey gets about being the GM no one wants to trade with, he's got some pretty good relationships around the league; Sam Presti included.

3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

...and mebbe (our) 'Brodie' can transform Rox' game. Gimme a 'W'; gimme a Parade.

D-rock and Plowman like this.
  4. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

It was three though technically he combined two of them.

1. stop taking mid range
    2. stop taking top of key threes
    3. practice free throws like crazy

But we can summarize it with "if he could just stop shooting".... ugggggghhh.

Game7 and harold bingo like this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

hmmm, seems like Morey really wanted Russ as well, but we’ll have people still saying “fck Harden and Tilman” for “forcing” this move on him...

amaru, Hakeemtheking and D-rock like this.
  6. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Just to be clear, I’m saying that Morey was talking about this trade taking 5 months not 6 days because that’s what I believe. I believe this has been in motion for a long time. I don’t care what fluffy sports journalism says. Unless we think Harden is some kind of idiot who really asked what’s taking so long after what, couple days?

Nah.

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I dont want westbrook to change his game an iota!

we can live with him missing a lot of shots but we cant never win the championship with the weak and passive mentality we had before

Game7, Hakeemtheking and vlaurelio like this.
  8. biff17

biff17 Member

That hat becomes you.

Dankstronaut and D-rock like this.
  9. biff17

biff17 Member

If you think he was working on a Westbrook trade for 5 months you need to accessorize that tin foil hat.

maybe some earrings and a necklace?

Game7 and D-rock like this.
  10. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

agreed.. what’s the point of getting a star, if you want them to change the way they play completely

Hakeemtheking and vlaurelio like this.
  11. Y2JT

Y2JT Member

Because now it is not all about him.

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

First, this was an awesome article from Feigen detailing how the trade went down. I love articles like this. Taking you behind the scenes.

Second, imagine being part of the Rockets *Slack* channel? I can only imagine all of the trade ideas going back and forth.

Erbnwarfare and D-rock like this.
  13. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

The most shocking thing about this whole trade is how Sam Presti basically got scammed by Morey twice.

The picks and the protections are pretty good and we're still able to trade them even though they're promised to OKC since they're pick swaps.

I guess in both cases Presti didn't really have a choice. In the Harden trade, the owners were clearly cheap and in the Westbrook trade, Westbrook wanted to come here and Presti had no real leverage.

Also, I like how Morey says we're all-in but I feel like Tilman is the only one preventing that from coming true.

*Rockets Slack channel AKA Clutchfans.net :eek:

14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Ahhh. Got it.

15. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

As a journalist, I have only 4 words to say about this story.

Find the Uber driver.

Deuce, amaru, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  16. Remlap

Remlap Member

I believe Morey told James that HIS trade took 5 months. NOT Westbrook
    WB for CP was like a week, but apparently James was growing impatient.

Sounds to me like CP really soured the relationship.
    But HEY, he got his payday and max contract. Have fun contending in OKC

amaru likes this.
  17. T for 3

T for 3 Member

"Uber driver, air pods in place, blissfully oblivious that an NBA-shaking trade to send Russell Westbrook to the Rockets was coming together in his back seat" hmmmmm.....

18. Williamson

Because his mentality did so much for OKC in recent years. They were just barely sneaking into the playoffs with 40ish wins and getting knocked out in the 1st round. And that's with Paul George. Steven Adams is as at least as good as and arguably better than Capela. Etc.

19. pauebtg

pauebtg Member

Harden is better than George and the supporting cast like Tucker, EG are much better than any of the OKC players. Can shoot alot better too. As bad as Capela looked against the Dubs, He has been better than Adams.

In OKC, Westbrook could really only pass it to PG13 for an open three. Now with the Rockets, even the bench warmers can hit 3's.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  20. Williamson

For years now people have been saying Russell doesn't have help. But what about Victor Oladipo? He just coincidentally got good the second he wasn't on the same team as Westbrook? What about Domantas Sabonis? What about Enes Kanter? On down the line, everybody who leaves OKC looks better than when they played with Westbrook. I'm just saying it might not be that Westbrook doesn't have enough help; it might be that Westbrook makes players around him look worse.

And god I hope that's not the case because now it affects my Rockets. But I can't get optimistic about him. This is how I've felt about him for years. He'll have to prove me wrong. And I hope he does.

ChrisP likes this.