1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Feigen: Rockets hopes for lebron haven’t changed (Plus team info)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jun 26, 2018.

1. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Broussard first reported theres tension between CP3 and management and now he's saying that Harden doesn't want to play with Lebron.

RocketsFan247 and Crashlanded19 like this.
  2. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

A minor asset going back to Cleveland doesn't change the narrative at all. When Lebron left for Miami is was a SnT. Did that change any perception? Do people even remember what the Cavs got? Lebron brought a championship to Cleveland so that's what changes the narrative this time.

The only reason for Lebron to do an opt-in is to keep options open. If he's already decided on LA then it's a straight signing.

jch1911 and NIKEstrad like this.
  3. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

As I already said, if you're going to route Deng to another team then just do that deal as a separate stand-alone deal and then sign Lebron. The opt-in doesn't help you at all.

Also, the Lakers have to get rid of Deng and renounce Randle in order to have 2 max slots. This scenario doesn't change that at all.

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

You are right, I was thinking they'd already cleared the cap space.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Forget the Opt-in and Trade for a second.

There could be a very big reason for Lebron to do a SnT to the Lakers. A SnT might allow him to get a new No-Trade clause, which he could persist until his retirement. There are only two teams who he can get a new No-Trade clause with, and that's CLE and MIA...unless a new one is allowed to pass through via a SnT.

He might very well want that. Bima and I have discussed the legality of a No-Trade being allowed in a SnT. Both of us are in agreement that the CBA does not explicitly rule it out.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

Hindsiggt was not 20/20. I said we upgraded everywhere after the moves last offseason. . People with half a brain on here were trying to tell everyone.

7. heypartner

It does to me.

Getting CLE anything back (a late FRP) is a kind gesture that he doesn't need to force, and Cle fans and media will know he probably couldn't force anything more, so he controls a better narrative. And we know Lebron has that type of ego to control his image.

You can have a differing opinion on that, but you're also not a CLE fan.

8. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

That man has a agenda and its to keep Lebron far away from Houston. This the same man that said Cp3 made a mistake joining the Rockets last year. The Media really thinks they can influence players' decisions the way they've done execs in the past.

9. heypartner

You have merely made up that idea...because you appear to think it's important to your argument to dismiss all other opinions.

I have family in Cleveland, so have somewhat of an "inside scoop" on years of fans following Lebron ... they all love him, and he honestly loves them/Ohio. To say its unrealistic for Lebron to force a minor trade as a kind gesture to The Land is silly.

Consider this: I'm convinced that your above, quoted statement is more unrealistic than you actually believe my statement is unrealistic. :p

I just believe you *think* it's unrealistic, because saying so helps your little internet argument of the day ... and that motivation to dismiss other ppl's opinions as unrealististic is the reason I compared you to Btg....you're too fockass'd on being right on the internet, from my seats.

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Your first sentence says I made up the idea he would force a trade to be nice to Cleveland.

Your second paragraph says that because you have family in Cleveland you have inside scoop that he might force a trade to be nice to Cleveland.

You are ultimately right that I have no idea. Lebron might force a trade to be nice to Cleveland as you've suggested. This is what people kept saying about Gordon Heyward last year and the Celtics loled about it and it was never discussed between the teams.

I don't care if I'm right on the internet, I'm just having discussion. I assume that everyone understands if someone says "that's unrealistic" it's their opinion.

Again, sorry if this is offending you. If he goes to LA I hope you are right and he does a trade to be nice to Cleveland so you get to be right on the internet and you can come up with some other cool way to work in a subtly disguised expletive at me.

In the meantime, if you think I act like Bobbythegreat, I apologize, I don't think any of my posts have compared, but who am I to judge. You won't offend me if you put me on ignore. I'll do you the favor and not reply to your posts going forward. I have no issue with you but it seems it will be more enjoyable for you here if I'm not.

11. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Chris Broussard just reported that there's tension between @heypartner and @justtxyank . Stay tuned for more details. In the meantime, watch this Space Jam 2 trailer.

12. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

That would mean they actually are not fueding. I'm calling BS on that. :p

hakeem94 and heypartner like this.
  13. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Wasn't sure where to post this, but appears the Most Improved Player thinks that LeBron should go to Houston...

14. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

eh, says that's where he should go. slight difference.