1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Feigen: Rockets hopes for lebron haven’t changed (Plus team info)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

Maybe he does know

2. jacoby

jacoby Member

They can trade Love and Korver without taking back Ryan Anderson though. They will have zero interest in paying him that money if they don't have to. They're the ones losing LeBron. They aren't going to take back that contract in exchange.

basketballholic likes this.
  3. aroundtheblock2

Theres no scenario where the Cavs and Rockets trade straight up, there just isn't. The Cavs are never going to accept a deal that keeps them in the luxury tax while also being a non-contender.

joshuaao, forchette49 and Trackwell like this.
  4. Vivi

Vivi Member

Getting Anderson back has no impact on a Love/Korver trade, they will be traded anyway the day after Lebron leaves, whether they get Anderson back or not, and they won't be able to use cap space anyway, why not get back a couple of 1st rounders (and i guess some 2nds) if possible? Getting Anderson for a team which is just starting a full rebuild has zero downside if it comes with some assets, in fact that's actually the opposite, that's why we talk about Atlanta, Chicago etc as landing teams for Anderson, they're in full rebuild, and as long as they get assets back, they don't care to have a bad contract on the team for a couple of years since they want to lose and they have to reach the salary floor anyway.

For a rebuilding team:

Gordon + Anderson + two 1st rounders + two 2nd rounders > Gordon

ilias and hakeem94 like this.
  5. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

While I do agree, I can see the Cavs forcing the Rox to take Georg Hill or Tristan Thompson while Gordon Anderson and maybe Tucker would be included. In that scenario a third team would need to involved to give a pick or two for Gordon and/or Tucker.

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

No way.

hongxingli and luckyman76 like this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

not happening

justtxyank likes this.
  8. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

That’s what was reported but I bet he told Wade before and that’s just the story they said.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

DeAndre Jordan to Houston for Ryan Anderson and a future 1st and 2nd round pick.

Capela walks

bilaal14, PeterKingX and hakeem94 like this.
  10. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Ends do not justify the means here

D-rock likes this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

Clippers want cap space for next summer

Why would they ever take Ryno?

12. UrbanEnterprise

13. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

Expiring is fairly easy to trade?

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

I feel like Jerry West could do better than Ryno. I can’t see us trading just Ryno plus bad picks and getting someone like DJ back.

15. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

True. Dallas seems better equipped, which just increase our chances of hanging onto Clint.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

After the beginning of July I hope we forget who Lebrawn is.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Honestly for CP3's legacy, I think 4 years would be great. Push for a championship the last 4 years then retire on top! I don't want to see him and Harden also turn into those players like Dirk who just get so sad to watch! Actually I love watching Dirk suck in Dallas! Haha

18. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

we aint getting lebron, just pay cp3 and capela the max and be over with fa.

19. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

man rockets lose tucker and I dont even want lebron. Tucker was the mvp of that gs series. Losing gordon and tucker just to add lebron doesnt even feel that worth it to me since they fit so well. Gordon is a better 3 point shooter. Tucker is a better defender who can also shoot the corner 3. Tucker will play small ball 5 vs GS. I mean yeah lebron is better but losing 2 very important pieces just feels like a lateral move to me. Losing just gordon is fine to me. But I cant stomach losing tucker. Harden obviously is buds with tucker. Hes not going anywhere. Same as Ariza and CP3

hongxingli likes this.
  20. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

They haven't been in the tax 3 of the last 4 years - No repeater tax.

IF they took back Ryno they could trade Love and keep Ryno saving ~$10m over the course of the two years both contracts run - they are rebuilding / tanking anyway - Love doesn't matter to them.

If the Rockets sent Ryno , EG and Onuaku they could take back Lebron and Korver - that's $42m in salary off the books which saves them about $8-10m before they move Love.

They still have to spend 90% of the cap so getting below 90m is pointless …. the key for them is not being in the lux tax with a lottery team.

D-rock and Vivi like this.