1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feigen] Rivers on Sunday Flu: "Felt like I was going to die"; Wants to play in Game 2

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Roxfreak724, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

Not sure if posted...

https://www.chron.com/sports/rocket...n-Rivers-on-Sunday-flu-I-thought-13805494.php

SAN FRANCISCO - Rockets guard Austin Rivers said he will play in Tuesday's Game 2 against the Warriors, having had to sit out Game 1 with a flu and stomach virus. Rockets coach Mike D'Antoni said that was still to be determined by how well Rivers progresses, but Rivers had come a long way since Sunday when playing was not an option.

"I thought I was going to die," Rivers said. "Seriously. I had a 24-hour flu and then I had a stomach virus. I couldn't get out of my bed without going to the bathroom. It was like every five, 10 minutes, I had to go to the bathroom or had to throw up. Anything I had to eat or drink wouldn't last long. Running or jumping were not really an option."

Rivers said he had never missed a game because of illness before, often playing through injuries. Signed by the Rockets on December 24, he missed just one game with an injury this season. He said he had intravenous treatments three times on Sunday.

"I could have played through it. That's fine," Rivers said. "I would have literally gone to the bathroom on the court. I wanted to play. I couldn't have played.

"I'm playing for sure tomorrow. I want to help my team. I saw a lot of things yesterday I thought I could have done to help. I don't like missing a game. I'm at the hotel, especially after we lost, you feel like a baby, man. I played through flu-like symptoms before. It was frustrating."

D'Antoni said he would see how Rivers feels on Tuesday, but hoped to have him back in the rotation. On Sunday, Iman Shumpert replaced Rivers, making 1 of his 4 shots.

"We'll see. He didn't look great," D'Antoni said. "Hopefully, he feels better tomorrow."

Talk about the worst time for a bug to go around the team smh. I hope they had Rivers in quarantine.

smp, IvanLCPM, elmotsang and 2 others like this.
  2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I never knew I’d become an AR fan

AB423 and Vivi like this.
  3. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Hopefully he does because Iman Shumpert switched like an amateur yesterday. I hope Rivers stays healthy so I don't have to see Iman play another minute with our uni on. Cool guy, bad player.

napalm06 likes this.
  4. BigBum

BigBum Member

Shumpert replaces him. Shumpert is playable?
    Ennis is better than shumpert?

snowconeman22 likes this.
  5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So who is the expert that knows 100% this virus isn't gonna spread to other players if he is around them?

6. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Rivers, indeed.

Jayzers_100 and hakeem94 like this.
  7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this stomach bug is making its way across all the teams. let's hope we're done with it for now

8. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Right? I thought he was overrated due to his dad. Turns out he's a great guy to bring in off the bench.

I do wonder if the outcome on Sunday would've been a little different if we're bringing Rivers in the game instead of Shumpert.

9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Shame on you Austin, if the refs played through it why didnt you?

10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i cant stand this profile pic.. not sure if i will be able to play through it

ipaman likes this.
  11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you should let it go . . . I will bravely carry on the fight alone. you are released from your obligation. :D

ipaman likes this.