1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feigen] Chuck Hayes Injures Ankle In Practice

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LongTimeFan, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Htown's2kFinest

So any news on who will be starting, Hill or Miller?

2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I wonder if any other team values Hayes as much as we do LOL

3. srrono

srrono Member

his value will be shown when the year ends I believe he is a freeagent teams will come knocking he is a solid defender at the 4 or 5 spot

4. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

RA will do the opposite of what we expect/want :mad:

5. devilsdandruff

PP will replace Hayes =)
    Hill and Miller will come in like the usual substitution rotation.

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I think it changes when he heads into a game knowing that he's missing a key veteran with a defensive mindset. We'll see.

7. ThaShark316_28

Jonathan Feigen
    Jordan Hill to start at center for Rockets w/ Chuck Hayes out. JJeffries moves

8. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Here we go, I've been asking for this. Now Jordan please don't make me look like a fool. :grin:

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Link?

10. ThaShark316_28

https://twitter.com/#!/Jonathan_Feigen/status/20979069298417664

11. aicedo

aicedo Member

project pat in full effect tonight

12. ThaShark316_28

fixed

1 person likes this.
  13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

And thanks for the info! This will be a very interesting game, to say the least.

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Miller should start though, I think we've seen enough of Hill at Center to know that's not the position for him :/

15. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

See, I don't think Adelman's that short-sighted.

What if Chuck had rolled his ankle in the first minute of a game and was thereafter unavailable to play?

You don't think Adelman considers things like that when deciding who makes the active roster?

(That said, I'm glad to see Jeffries back on the active roster.)

16. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Showcase!!!

Hope Masai Ujiri's watching the game.

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Does Patterson "have it in him at all" tonight or is he still a "backseat kind of player"?

18. brando

brando Member

He was probably going just as hard in practice as he does in the games.

19. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Jared Jeffries is the odd man out again. Adelman isn't to give JJ significant minutes, unless we Hayes, Scola, and Patterson are injured at the same time.

He is just not good enough.

20. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Why should he. Jeffries is a one way player and Patrick plays on both sides. Patrick scored 15 points without any plays being called for him. What I thought was really impressive was that Patrick played so many minutes in the 4th. And when the reserves started to suck in the 4th Adelman substituted everyone but Patrick.

As I said earlier I thought Patrick could be are 4th quarter finisher. In the summer league and preseason I saw some things from him that made me believe he could be are new Landry. IMO he does everything better than Landry except explode to the basket. And even that he is good at. My hope was that somewhere along the way he would get an opportunity to show that potential. But even I was surprised in one game he could show all that he did.

My new hope is that by the time Hayes comes back Patrick will have entrenched himself so deep into the rotation that the coach will have to keep him on the floor. Remember Hayes was not finishing alot of games but in 1 game Adelman could see that Patrick was our best bet for a big to finish with. Patrick Patterson will only get better and by seasons end he will be a real contributor to this team's winning.

Now I only see 1 problem. I expect Denver will now want Patrick and Budinger in any deal for Melo. Patrick and Budinger plus a first is better than any other deal that anyone else can offer. Even Favors and 4 first round picks. PP and Bud is a steep price for Melo but it's a fair trade if we get to keep Melo. If it's just for a rental that is way to high. On a side note Bud is shooting 47% from the field and 40% from behind the arc over the last 10 games. I think it is safe to say he is back. But more than that he has improved on every facet of his game. Yes even defense.