1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Feels like a low point...only up from here?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Roomba, Oct 26, 2018.

?

Do we got this?

Poll closed Nov 2, 2018.
  1. We got this

11 vote(s)
    40.7%
  2. Maybe we don't got this

16 vote(s)
    59.3%
  1. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

So...the Rockets are 1-4 with two blowout losses at home, they can't defend worth a lick and the two best players on the team have played a total of less than 2 games together.

It's got even an eternal optimist like me feeling a bit blue.

SO! With the inevitable rise in doom and gloom threads, here is another one that I'm hoping will be the last one made this season. When we look back on this in May of 2019, where will the Rockets be?

Is this the low point of the season, the turning point for a so-far disappointing team? Or will this be the tipping point that brings the roof crashing down over our heads?

I say we got this :cool:

Os Trigonum, Bengchu and RudyTBag like this.
  2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

It's depressing. I don't even know what else to say.

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

hell nah we ain’t got this

4. HP3

HP3 Member

Unless Butler comes.....we are pretty much done here, we might be just fighting for a play off spot.

5. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I think individual players all had redeemable moments . Everyone has shown little flashes of the players we thought they could be .

We just can't tie it together as a team and for more than a few minutes at a time .

Our leaders need to step up .

Coaching staff needs to step up

Role players are role players , we shouldn't expect MCW to carry us . He played fine tonight . Hartenstein is a rookie big man ; he's been fine so far .

Tonight Eric had his 5th bad game and Paul looked geriatric .

But , the main cause for concern is schematic . Our team D is allowing free reign to the basket and capela either hasn't found his form yet ... or he's not that good .

PJ is having a great season . But outside of him and James , no one has played 2 good games yet .

6. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I feel like this is getting away from us and in this conference you really can't afford to dig yourself a big hole early in the season.

7. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Today's game was one of those that make wanna step back from watching basketball for a bit.

J.R. likes this.
  8. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I keep telling myself that lol, but here I am torturing myself.

Grizzlyshark and Roomba like this.
  9. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Injuries. Suspensions. Schedule. New Players. I have faith it’ll all come together. Rockets will finish top 2 this year.

10. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Same thing happened to Leslie Alexander’s 2nd year with the team.

6th seed to the finals. In this case.... 6th vs Warriors. Lose in Conference Finals.

11. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

If by 1-81 is up, then yes

CK Johnson likes this.
  12. macan

macan Member

it's not the bottom yet, we gonna go a bit further down until some new personnel changes

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

We got the league right where we want them

14. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

SURELY WE ARE ABOUT TO TURN THE ****ING CORNER

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The team NOBODY wants to see come playoff time.

It's

all

falling

Into

Place

topfive likes this.
  16. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Also, our home crowd seems significantly worse than last year.

Tilman and his spoiled ass kids had all summer to think of ways to fix the arena attendance but they were probably too busy celebrating a WCF appearance on their yachts.

17. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

I wonder if Rockets execs will read this thread..

Currently constructed we stink compared to last season. While I'm very hopeful in things, I still consider reality. This team is soft. Guys like Harrell and Randle shouldn't be averaging 25 points against us.

My suggestions:

Sign or trade for a legitimate BENCH power forward. Play him strictly for match-ups against physical fours. I know MDA's wants to play four out and one in, but nah. Getting a bruiser at the 4 would help tremendously. I always liked Trevor Booker, and he's a free agent. I would easily waive MCW for Booker. What's the downside, Daryl? Does that hurt Tilman's pockets? Poor Tilman.

Get a back up center we can rely on. Nene is old. Hartenstein is young. Don't wait for the buy-out market. Signing Tyson Chandler in February won't matter when we're only a few games over .500 and hovering around the 8th seed. If there's a viable option available then get him. Who knows, maybe a random scrub like Cole Aldrich ends up becoming what Gerald Green was. Again, what's the downside? Use a 10-day if you gotta.

Trust Harden and Paul.

Keep faith in Ennis, Gordon, and Capela. Don't give up on them yet. Green and Tuck are important too, but keep faith that the other 3 will get better. The 7 mentioned are legitimate 7 players in a 9 to 10 man rotation when locked in.

Find Carmelo's role quick.

If Knight comes back and plays well then use him to find a starting 3 that way Ennis can go to the bench and play the Luc role. If possible.

1-4 is nothing. Utah was 17-26 and finished 48-34... from 9 games below .500 to14 games above .500. A slow start does not dictate the season. The 2019 Rockets aren't anything like the 2016 Rockets, so get that thought of your head. 2015 Rockets overachieved. 2018 Rockets didn't. Still, understand the teams flaws (no back-up 4, no back up 5.) 5 games is way too early to write off the Rockets.

18. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Teams have game planned us perfectly and we are not forcing them to play to their weaknesses. Do we even have a scouting report and if so is anyone reading it. I Saw the Clippers broadcast and Sam Cassell called us a weak team. Where is he pride at. Of course the Texans started 0-3 and they have for the moment turned it around we will to. The guys are listening to the media and the fans and not going out there with there minds on the opponent. You cant tell their

19. bj3175

bj3175 Member

is more to the Bzdelik story. He probably wanted more money and Tillman and Morey balked and he walked

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

All the lolling here during the offseason at predictions that we were going to win less than 60 games and were no lock for the #2 seed. SMH

YOLO likes this.