1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feature] Justice League

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dmenacela, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

...Just ice...

mrm32 likes this.
  2. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Not gonna let this **** kill my vibe for this movie. Everyone I know that has seen it was impressed. @Batman Jones has saved me

mrm32 likes this.
  3. mrm32

mrm32 Member

It is honestly a really fun movie. I can’t wait to see it again on Friday.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  4. Entropy

Entropy Member

This movie was a disaster from the moment Zack Snyder's name was attached to it.

ghettocheeze likes this.
  5. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Reviews are up. Sitting at 43%

6. Entropy

Entropy Member

Rotten Tomatoes still doesn't have their freshness meter up for JL, probably because all the reviews say its terrible and Warner Bros owns a stake in RT.

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

who's seen it? we need some spoilers.

i'm a geek for superhero movies, but for some reason i'm not in an incredible rush to go see this. maybe next week if i have the time. wonderwoman gave me great hope for dc movies, but thor ragnarok really crushes any hope for justice league. i pray that i'm wrong... as i did enjoy man of steel and dawn of justice. plus wonderwoman is teh secksy and watching her fight with her kickass theme song is always a win.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

9. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

HOT. F_CKING. MESS.

10. mrm32

mrm32 Member

If you enjoyed BvS you’ll like this movie. It improved on many things. People forget JL had already begun filming by the time BvS came out. WB could have postponed the release but didn’t. I believe the future of their films will be more like WW.

Jontro likes this.
  11. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

If you're looking for an objectively great film, this isn't it. Villain, CGI, and narrative were indeed a mess. But if you're like me and have waited your whole life to see these characters interact in live-action, you'll be in hog heaven. I don't disagree with the reviews really. This movie was made for the fans, whether they meant it that way or not. The fan service is off the hook. I can't wait to see it again on the big screen. With three days hindsight since seeing it, and having read all the brutal reviews, this is still MY favorite comic book movie ever. I know there are better CBM's but none that I personally enjoyed as much. Not even The Dark Knight which has been my #1 since I first saw it, also in advance screening, with Clutch and Jeff Balke. On JL, it's like they did an amazing job at everything I cared about and a lousy job of making the general public care. So the general public misses those great fan moments and reviews it as a movie, straight up. As a straight up movie, it's not good. I agree. As an answer to a fan's lifelong prayers about what I've always wanted out of a Justice League movie, well, I've never been so satisfied. My jaw was on the ground through practically the whole thing.

B-Bob, mrm32 and Jontro like this.
  12. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

40% on Rotten Tomatoes with widespread unfavorable-to-negative reviews.

Revised opending weekend box office estimate of $110 million -- half what The Avengers did 5 years ago and still shy of Marvels' 3rd best superhero's latest outing: Thor Ragnorak.

$300 million production and marketing budget.

So yeah, Justice League will be both a critical and a commercial failure while having the two biggest comic book super hero properties -- Batman and Superman.

FIRE ZACK SNYDER!!!

Jontro likes this.
  13. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

He may have technically fired himself.

I'm not passing judgement based on a bunch of know-it-all critics reviews. For the most part every pre-screening movie-goer that I've heard from has loved the movie.

Not saying that this will be the case but movies such as; Donnie Darko, Anchorman, and Zombieland have tanked in movie theaters while becoming cult classics when going on DVD/Blu-ray or VHS. Obviously, those are different genres and budgets but you should get what I'm getting at... critics know jacksh** about what fans truly enjoy, which is for the most part, BEING ENTERTAINED.

I'll pass judgement once I see it for my own two fan eyes, not to get hits or credit for my awesome take on a highly anticipated major movie production.

mrm32 likes this.
  14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

RT might be covering for Justice League

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insert...-is-covering-for-justice-league/#6fe8b3a45683

Down to 38% now

Mr.Scarface likes this.
  15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

That's all I wanted with the MoS and BvS movies.

I'm getting numb to the Marvel movies that I loved watching, so hopefully DC and Fox ups their game to make Disney take more risks with that underlying formula.

16. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

They didnt try to make it dark like BvS but it still didn't work. Jokes, flash, aqua. I think alot of people here were rooting for DC CBM to be good, but this one didn't work.

The worst thing for me was the dialogue. It was like an afterthought that they'd just figure what to have the characters say on the spot. Jokes were awkward, some weird cut to the character's faces when something was said. Amy Adams should've told the director off for wasting her time.

Atlantis was basically a few people underwater. No city nothing. Amber Heard, you'd think she would have more to do in the movie judged on her being advertised around.

Villain sucked and I couldn't not notice the CGI. Bugged me a bit that Ben Affleck was wearing his muscles suit but his mask was off pretty much the entire time he was with the JL. Maybe nitpicking now.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Ok . . .I thought it was just me

Rocket River

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think the #1 thing Marvel does right is Casting
    Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Bucky, Black Panther, Black Widow etc etc etc Have all been so spot on

I did not like the casting of Aquaman and Flash - Not a major fan of Batfleck . . . .I didn't like Gal but she proved me wrong
    I am hoping Aquaman and Flash do prove me wrong

Rocket River

19. youknowme

youknowme Member

Don't let reviews cloud your judgement. Just came back from the movie, and I thought it was awesome (didn't go in thinking it would be nominated for an Oscar).

20. Caesar

Caesar Member

Huge MEH. Batman is basically a joke now. Flash is a bumbling idiot who can't even run...what's up with his bow legged running style? WW and Cyborg were alright but they're boring. Steppenwolf basically as bad as any Marvel villain..

The only thing i liked about this movie was the one character i expected to hate. Aquaman was dope. Mamoa had presence and the underwater action was unique and very cool. The scene with the Amazonians was awesome too. They actually got really fit women this time around too. So sexy. Oh, and i did like the music a lot. Hints of Elfman's Batman theme was cool with his overall awesome signature sound. This is what Marvel films usually lack, a good film score, and though Hans Zimmer did an amazing job for Man of Steel, it can sometimes be a bit too fatiguing as it was with BvS, but that could have been JunkieXL's fault.

Supes is Supes. His issue will always be inconsistent power level. One second he's absolutely invisible and the next, he's getting punched around by nobodies. So basically would Steppenwolf get his ass handed to him by Zod, and Faora and basically killed with no effort by Doomsday? Like what's the point?

Seriously though, i can deal with Flash being a fool, but this Batman is a joke.

Lots of bad cgi and green screen as well.

fba34 likes this.