1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feature] Justice League

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dmenacela, Jun 8, 2012.

1. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

It looks good. But this is dc. So I am not optimistic.

2. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Correct.

[​IMG]

3. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

I'm convinced Snyder's DC universe exists in a different solar system than ours with a different day-night cycle and visible light spectrum. Even when it shows daylight, it's so dimly lit. Everything is at nighttime or dark indoors. Perhaps, sunlight is made of toxic radiation on this world.

Master Baiter likes this.
  4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Something about these DC movies (Superman, Batman V Superman, and now Justice League) just seems off to me. They just feel like a series of hero poses and montage sequences.

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It's the Zack Snyder effect of making sick trailers, and WB's desperation to rip off the success of the Avengers.

http://www.cinemablend.com/news/1638230/why-logans-director-hates-most-superhero-movies

Clearly, he see that direction as being as far away from other comic book adaptations as possible, because James Mangold has now admitted that he actually despises the current brand of tentpole superhero movies. James Mangold explained:

Tentpole movies in general, they are not movies, generally. They are bloated exercises in two-hour trailers for another movie they are going to sell you in two years. There are so many characters that each character gets an arch of about six and a half minutes at best, and I'm not exaggerating. You take 120 minutes, you take 45 of it for action, what are you left with, divide it by six characters, you have the character arc of Elmer Fudd in a Warner Brothers cartoon. That formula is empty for me.
    While James Mangold doesn't come out and name Marvel Studios as the victim of his contempt, it's quite clear that's who he is aiming his comments at. I mean, just look at Captain America: Civil War, which was packed to the rafters with most of the MCU's superheroes, even managed to introduce a new one in the shape of Spider-Man, and then left an unresolved conflict that audiences are dying to see resolved over the next two, three or fifteen movies. Still, the airport scene was absolutely dynamite, though.

I didn't even think Civil War was as blatant a tentpole movie as other ensemble superhero movies.

6. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Does the sun ever shine in the DC universe?

7. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Absolutely, but when it happens they make sure to go indoors.

8. jsingles

jsingles Member

Wow, that trailer looks horrible, absolutely horrible. And I'm not embarrassed to say I thought Batman v Superman was a good and entertaining movie.

9. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I'm pretty excited about it, think the trailer looks solid. Aquaman looks like he'll be the breakout star if they work the humor correctly. Erza's Flash seems pretty interesting as well.....I"m looking forward to it....

mrm32 and Pen15clubber like this.
  10. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I'm pumped!

mrm32 likes this.
  11. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Pen15clubber likes this.
  12. jae713

jae713 Member

Can someone explain the hate for Batman vs Superman? I thought it was great. I even shed a tear when Superman told Batman to find himself and save his Martha. That **** was deep bro.

GRENDEL likes this.
  13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Its just marvel fanboys. I like both but you can't do that apparently, it's either you have an xbox or a ps4.All the batman and superman movies have been phenomenal.

jae713 likes this.
  14. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

The Dark Knight trilogy was great, and everybody loved it accordingly.

I always find this argument preposterous. As if there is this massive fan base that loves Marvel and nothing else. That fan base includes the vast majority of film critics who have never picked up a comic.

If you have liked the movies so far, great. But most of us have been very disappointed because they have access to the greatest of comic book characters, and put forth a real clusterf**k of a movie that was neither fun or well written.

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I liked Man of Steel as I took it as 9/11 p*rn, but I thought BvS had too much joyless fluff, ridiculous plot holes, and buildup that ended up being a big mess. The bits with Wonder Woman were nice but her impact made it nothing more than a trailer inside a movie. I ****ing hated Eisenberg as Luthor. Doomsday was a mess. There was nothing memorable about the character.

The biggest flaw was emo Superman. Will Smith had a better take on that.

It would probably be a much better movie with tighter editing and direction from someone who gave a **** about the characters...like not killing Superman's long time companion Jimmy Olson in the first 15 minutes.

16. PhiSlammaJamma

It would be interesting to see if any director has the guts to re-lighten the Batman series back to the 60's. Star Wars showed some balls throwing in the vintage rebel alliance scene with vader and it worked. And the funny thing is how dark Michael Keaton's batman seemed at the time, I mean it drew rave reviews for it's darkness, and now that's like a low carb pastry. I was surprised to see Batman Returns got better reviews than Batman on rottentomatoes. That actually makes no sense to me. I hated DeVito's penguin.

#256 PhiSlammaJamma, Mar 28, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  17. Yaosthirdleg

Yaosthirdleg Member

[​IMG]

18. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Acting was atrocious. Characters are horribly written (lex luthor specifically). Story was terrible and the only interesting parts where stolen from the comic books. Utterly humorless and comic book movies should be fun.

19. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

Agreed. This is what I can't stand about these movies.

ghettocheeze likes this.
  20. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

That whole bit about Martha and "WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME" was so ridiculous. Ruined the whole movie for me.

K mf G and Rocket River like this.