1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

fear and loathing......

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by gr8-1, May 24, 2000.

1. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

in las vegas, im watching it right now, and i think it's horrible. anybody seen it ? is it worth finishing ?

------------------
    "Don't they get cable in Canada ?" Keith olbermann, after watching hakeem block terry catledge's shot 5 times.

2. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

If you don't like it now, you probably won't like it later. It's a trip. Literally, figuratively, and some other way...I just can't remember which..

------------------
    stop posting my damn signature

3. SpaceCity

SpaceCity Contributing Member

It's pretty cool, especially if you are in to <a href="http://www.pythonline.com/plugs/gilliam/">Terry Gilliam's</a> stuff.

Another movie about Hunter S Thompson that is funny as **** is Where the Buffalo Roam, starring Bill Murray.

------------------
    RocketFuel is taking the summer off!

4. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

well, im reading the rum diary by thompson and i think it's great. maybe i just have to watch it from the beginning.

------------------
    "Don't they get cable in Canada ?" Keith olbermann, after watching hakeem block terry catledge's shot 5 times.

5. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Where the Buffalo Roam is FAR and away better than Fear and Loathing. Murray is a riot and Peter Boyle is great as his "imaginary attorney" Lazlo. Burno Kirby also does admirably as the "publisher" of the magazine - Jan Wenner in other words.

------------------
    "No one gets out ALIVE!"
    SaveOurRockets.com

6. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Jeff is right on the money. I mean, c'mon, who WOULD make a better Hunter S. Thompson? Johnny Depp? [​IMG]Gimme a break! Bill Murray, hands down!

------------------
    Bring It!!

7. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

I've read the book and seen both movies.

The book is awesome, better than both films (of course).

The first one had a much better performance by Murray, and was more in tune with the 70s drug culture. I just felt like it was real.

The newer one with Depp isn't too bad (But, you have to like the book and be into weird stuff). I think that dude from "Usual Suspects" that plays the lawyer, is absolutely great in this movie. Depp is pretty good, when you factor in how much his character is different from anything he's played before. It showed a little more diversity that I didn't think he had. Also, some of the special effects are pretty cool.

8. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

I loved that movie.

------------------
    THE DEAN HAS WRITTEN