1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

FBI, DHS Officially Classify Antifa Activities As "Domestic Terrorist Violence"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Sep 2, 2017.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

lol dumbass. If you wanted to push your point, don't make stupid claims everybody else knows aren't true.

2. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Not really sure why this is a response to my post? I was responding to a post that was stating as fact that white people in Texas are sitting around daily disparaging brown people... which is complete BS and the majority of white people I know would call that crap out and shut it down.

cml750 likes this.
  3. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Ben Shapiro, a thoughtful conservative according to Leftist Harvard Law Professor Alan Dershowitz, is scheduled to speak at Berkley tonight. Attendees are by ticket only, which were obtained in advance. He has no connections with the Nazis or the KKK, and is not a believer in white supremacy.

According to Professor Dershowitz, it is important that Ben Shapiro be allowed to speak and that Berkley not capitulate to the Antifa terrorists who have attacked and brutalized conservatives for trying to attend other conservative lectures at Berkley over the last year or so. Berkley has also cancelled several scheduled conservative speakers because of the threat to civil order that the lawless Antifa thugs have presented. In fact, this lecture was initially blocked by Berkley. Below are Dershowitz's comments published today:

I am curious to see what happens tonight in Berkley. The Berkley campus is apparently under very tight security, with police given permission to use pepper spray on the Antifa terrorists if needed, which one might think is a no-brainer given the previous conduct of this group at Berkley.

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Trump is Antifa.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

GOP senator: 'There is no realistic comparison' between antifa and white supremacists
    http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...realistic-comparison-between-antifa-and-white

6. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Ben Shapiro's speech at Berkeley. See for yourselves if he is the supporter of neo-nazis or white supremacists that some on the left have tried to smear him as:

7. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I have to drive to San Antonio this weekend. What is the threat level right now for Antifa terrorism activity and what precautions can I take to protect myself and family?

heypartner and Rashmon like this.
  8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Keep an eye out for unattended black masks. They could be hiding broom handles that will swing at you, and water bottles that will be flung at you. If you see a black mask laying on the ground contact authorities immediately.

TheFreak likes this.
  9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I would expect to see some AntiFa stuff tonight in St Louis after a cop who wasn't guilty of murder was found not guilty of murder. We saw what the BLM types did the last time that happened in that area so I'm sure it'll mobilize some AntiFa hoping to cause some destruction.

That said, I think the recipe for how to handle those idiots is out, so it'll be interesting to put that to the test.

10. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Don't be an open conservative and you'll be fine

Astrodome likes this.
  11. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

if you call Shapiro a racist then why should I take any of accusation of racism serious anymore?

12. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

177 professors and graduate students at Berkeley are urging all classes to be cancelled and for all students to boycott the University during the upcoming "Free Speech Week" festivities over the September 24-27 period. The state reason is to ensure their "physical and mental safety".

As far as their mental safety, how can you be made mentally unsafe from a speech or a lecture that you do not attend?

How does that work? Can someone please explain that to me? I presume these students have classes to attend and then they can go home or to the library, or wherever. The students and professors that consider themselves to be mentally at risk were not planning to actually sit in and listen to Milo speak, where they?

Anyone who participates in this boycott actually believing that they are mentally unsafe because someone is delivering a speech in a hall that they are not in and that they do not hear is already mentally unwell, and should take steps immediately to try to get help with that.

As far as the supposed concerns about these people being physically unsafe, who is it that is potentially the source of the physical injuries that they believe that they are at risk of receiving?

It is Antifa! There will be no violence other than that instigated by these leftist thugs. Milo is not going to try to beat anyone up and neither will anyone who attends his lecture at Berkeley. These Antifa criminals are presumably the allies of these students and professors who are claiming to be at risk of physical harm.

Proposed Solution: Have Antifa boycott the Berkeley campus during the September 24-27 period. Problem solved. Also, suggest that all those that are concerned that they are too mentally fragile to sit through a Milo Yiannopolous lecture without being "mentally harmed" should not attend.

This really isn't that hard. Why are they making a spectacle out of themselves in this way? Do these leftist snowflakes really not realize how pathetic they are making themselves look by acting this way?

13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It is possible that the mental damage wouldn't come from the speech, but from protests that might turn violent. If someone was in the vicinity and watch their friend, loved-one, sibling, brutally run over by a car, beaten severely by a club, shot, or something like that, it could be damaging to their mental health.

14. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Again, the risk of that comes from Antifa, as you know very well. They have repeatedly been the instigators of criminal violence on the Berkeley campus over the last year for events like these. Nobody else has.

If these student and professors are being legitimately terrorized in that way by the threat of Antifa's criminal violence on campus, then these Antifa thugs really do need to be hunted down and locked up in the most serious possible way.

15. Buck Turgidson

When did Berkley become the bellwether for discourse in the US? They've been weirdos for decades, everyone knows it, why the focus now?

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

No doubt @B-Bob ran for mayor of Berkeley back in the 70s - he lost to Pat Chouli in a tight race.

17. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Berkeley - "The Birthplace of Free Speech"

Not anymore.

18. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Pat Chouli, I loved the way that hippie chick smelled.

19. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

20. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

This is fantastic