1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Favorite Rockets moment

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Moneygetjealous, Nov 14, 2008.

1. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

I guess I'm hating on Ralph Sampson too for not including his miracle shot against the Lakers?

Oh I forgot. Rockets history doesn't start until 2004.

2. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

That second video.....All i can say is wow. That performance is the definition of dominant. Hakeem may be the most underrated player of all time

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

No, I just figured you didn't have a strong emotional attachment to the pre-championship era Rockets. If we want to talk about great moments in recent Rockets history, Yao's dunk didn't too much for me. I mean, if he wasn't shut down by Garnet in that 4th quarter and we didn't lose that game, maybe I'd remember it more fondly.

If I was to choose my favorite Yao moment, it might be his first great game against Shaq in Houston, the season before T-Mac got here. He had a great And-1 dunk on him.

4. Christopher

Christopher Member

On our second championship win.....the whole of the playoffs gave us Rockets fans the memories that it normally takes a club a hundred years to build. I mean, has there ever been a more classic run to the title in sports history?

I cant pick one moment....its just too tough.

5. egyptpharaoh

egyptpharaoh New Member

agree

6. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

I remember totally geeking out for that game listening in the car. Good choice. :)

7. LoveRoxHateJazz

Are you mad many people became Rockets fans when Francis became a Rocket, when Yao became a Rocket, or when Francis and Yao finally took the Rockets to the playoffs after a 5 year drought?

You're mad many people became Rockets fans when T-Mac was traded to the Rockets which doesn't make sense. Go create a forum and talk about pre 2004 Rockets all day with yourself if that's what you want.

I'm sorry I was a kid when the Rockets lost to the Jazz, and to the Sonics. I'm sorry I rooted for those teams after they beat the Rockets just so they would prove us.

8. Gwalchmai

Gwalchmai Member

Mine's kind of different. It was a funny favorite moment. The Rockets were playing the Spurs, I think, when they had Rodman and we had Maxwell. Maxwell and Rodman started barking at each other and at first the refs just kind of looked and treated it pretty lightly. Then it was like a light went on in all the refs heads at the same time,"That's Mawell and Rodman!" and every ref ran in a dead sprint to get between them.

Probably not much of a moment compared to others, but I really found it funny.

9. gwatson86

gwatson86 Contributing Member

I can't believe no one's mentioned Boki's manhandling of Malone in the playoffs a few years back. That was a thing of beauty.

10. BQE

BQE Rookie

I agree... that dunk was not even a posturize, Yao bumped Garnett which threw KG off guard and then dunked. It was good, but a great dunk and all time 10 Rockets play?? HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME! Well he also has Francis in there.. lol And we all know Francis and Yao are good friends....

11. BQE

BQE Rookie

How is it that by pointing out you chose Yao's dunk OVER Ralph's shot making a point that you are a TRUE Rockets fan?

12. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Excellent call.

Also Barkley dropping dirty Stockton with an elbow in '98. Take that, b****.

13. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

1. Mario Elie's Kiss of death.
    2. Dream's block on Starks in '94 Finals
    3. Dreams tip in Game 1 in '95 to win the game in OT against Orlando.
    4. Kenny Smith hitting his 7th 3 pt'er to send it in to OT in Game 1 in '95 vs Orlando.
    4. Olajuwon's spin move on Ewing for the dunk in '94 Finals. Play No. 2 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bByB5ZBNi_A&NR=1
    5. Dream's 40 point game against David Robinson where he shakes him out of his sneakers.
    6. Eddie's game winner against Utah in '97
    8. McGrady's 13 pts in 33 seconds to win the game against the Spurs in '04
    9. Vernon Maxwell hitting a falling out of bounds 3 ptr to win the game against Golden State in '94.
    10. McGrady's game winner against the Mavs in Game 2 in '04.

11. Barkley's 30 (+ ?) rebound game gainst the Suns. Had to put this in here. One of the most amazing things I have ever seen.

#33 Rocketeer, Nov 14, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2008
  14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

How about people just get off AntiSonic's case. He came in here and listed his favorite Rockets moments. He didn't attack anybody else's opinions...give him a break.

15. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Thanks JayZ.

Just thought of another one... Rafer getting Vujacic absolutely flustered.

16. Tmac-is-numero1

Hakeem destroying the MVP robinson.

17. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Two of them:-
    a) Hakeem shows why he should have been the MVP when he showed David Robinson exactly how the master does it.
    b) Hakeem blocks Michael Jordan's three Point attempt :p

18. Starvela

Starvela Contributing Member

I've always said and will continue to say that Olajuwon is the most underrated athlete of all time...

19. monster

monster Member

I'm surprised there has only been one mention of the amazing Ralph Sampson shot to beat the Lakers. I guess I was only in 5th grade or so and many of you would have been even younger. My parents made me take a nap after school so I could stay up to watch the game. Not sure what time it ended, but it was late. I've seen the clip on Clutch before...anyone have it handy for posting? It was one of the greatest moments in Rockets history.

20. LAYGO

LAYGO Contributing Member

- Championship #1
    - Championship #2
    - Kiss of Death (probably #1, but you simply can't beat championships)
    - Ralph's Lakers beater
    - Comeback with Ralph ejected for fighting
    - "Never underestimate the heart of a champion"
    - Dream dominating Admiral
    - Dream dominating Diesel & the last sec tip in and the confusing 3 seconds that followed when he wasn't sure it counted.

And some recent ones:
    - Being at games 17, 21, and 22 of "the streak"
    - Romping with the Rowdies in Dallas after #17
    - Novak's shot to keep it alive
    - Yao with the Dream-esque turn around with the AND 1 to take the 1 point lead in Portland.

It's so hard to wipe the smile from my face & the joy it brings inside while watching the Game 6 footage.