1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fatty need a couple of prayers, if possible

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Fatty FatBastard, Apr 1, 2004.

1. Fatty FatBastard

Guys: I try to not ever crux my own problems on this website, but this one deserves it.

My Ex-wife, whom people might remember from my previous posts, is putting me in court on Friday to try and adopt my son away from me and make the guy she married the day of our divorce his dad.

(To my OWN credit, she is stating that I haven't seen my son in two years.... of course that has nothing to do with the fact that every time I've asked to see my son she's given me some sort of ridiculous excuse. I've also spoken to him every Sunday. And now she's blaming that on me.)

Now, again, I can be an ass. But never have I wanted anything more than my son to be with me. I spent the weekend two weeks ago in Memphis with Derrick (my son), and even though I have spoken with him every Sunday, he still wasn't sure who I was. (I wasn't able to see him for a year. In fact, when I asked the "new" husband when I could see him for Christmas this year, he said "In Court")

I will readily admit I was a bad boyfriend. Not violent-wise, but just a bad boyfriend in that relationship. But I've loved my son since day one. And I've been in love with him since he was six months old.

That said, I'm going to Memphis tomorrow to fight this bi-polar girl into making sure that my son will always be my son.

2. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

Sorry to hear about that, man, that sucks....

How old is your kid? This must be a tough time for you, will definitely keep you in my thoughts/prayers. Good luck with the whole situation, man.

3. Fatty FatBastard

I also want to state that my son knew immediately who I was when I went over two weeks ago.

I know every child is golden, but this one has my personality with the charm and brightness I was missing.

4. Fatty FatBastard

Thanks, man. He's 5 now. :)

5. outlaw

outlaw Member

you need to hire a P.I. to get some dirt on your ex and her husband.

best of luck

6. Fatty FatBastard

Wish that I could.......

Problem is...... And father's I hope will agree...

It is not what I can do to get back at them. It never has been.

Could I put in a countersuit against her? of course.

Again, when you're talking about your own child....... and you've been forceably kept away as long as I have (She's physically come up with excuse, court-wise or personal-wise for the past three years.)

I hate to say it, but it's like torture. All you want is to be with your son. You don't care about the past.

7. outlaw

outlaw Member

sometimes you gotta play dirty if you wanna win.
    it's not about revenge, it's about showing that they're not fit parents so you can make a case for custody.

8. Fatty FatBastard

Outlaw: that may be the case in a knock-down, drag-out, divorce.

But we are talking about someone's mom, here.

She Has Been An Absolute b**** to me. But She's treated my son well, and any judge would see that.

As for the ex-husband? It apparently doesn't matter. That's Why I asked for this forum. That is what I am fighting for tomorrow.

9. Fatty FatBastard

Also, not that anyone's following this thread, but My docket is 10 a.m. on the 2nd.

10. Bailey

Bailey Veteran Member

Good luck for tomorrow, I hope you get the right outcome.

11. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I'll be praying for you Fatty - you are a great dude and I hope it works out for you.

12. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Good luck Fatty. I'll keep you and your kiddo in my thoughts.

13. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

you will absolutely be in my prayers....this whole situation will be. i'm so sorry you're going through this.

14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Yep, praying for you dude. It's a shame, but it seems next to impossible for a father to gain custody of a child over a mother. Not sure why that is.

15. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Fatty-- Do you have any documentation (even summary notes) of this litany of rejections and excuses. She needs to be forced to answer to specifics. Go in there prepared.

16. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A prayer for you. May God give you strength and peace and healing.

17. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Done. Good luck.

18. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

She got married the day of your divorce? I'm glad she stayed single for a while. Hang in there, can he adopt with you paying child support and not wanting to let him go?

19. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

You're a good man Fatty. It's all about the boy. Hope it works out for you.

20. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Prayers are with you. Unless you start playing hardball, you're going to have a hard time getting time with your son. Your ex'es feelings are not your concern. That ended when you two broke up. Is she concerned about your feelings?

From experience and conversing with other divorced Dad's, this is what I can tell you. Since you are a man, the cards are stacked against you in the Texas family law system.

Hopefully you have documentation that she did not allow you to see your son. Not to crap on you, but why didn't you demand to see your son. You are his father and unless there is a divorce decree that says otherwise, you are entitled to see your son as much as she is. If she wasn't cooperative, you should have gotten that decree with at the very least standard visitation...every other weekend plus 2 hrs for dinner on Wed..

Can you countersue? That I do not know, but I would fight for at least standard visitation. Make sure you demand the right of first refusal as well.

Check out this site. post up there...follow other links...ask questions. Look at the F.I.R.M. link. Good luck.

http://www.dadsdivorce.com