1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Father on hospice...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Andre0087, Dec 8, 2018.

1. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Very sorry to hear about your Dad's passing Andre. I hope the moment you shared with him will help you cope as you move forward.

Surfguy, regarding your post, it's definitely hard to try and look after your parents when their health is fragile and especially when they can't even remember who you are. I went through with my grandmother and my family left me on an island by myself with her. It was definitely some tough times where I didn't look forward to anything and everything was tough. My grandma also had dementia so I had to be constantly looking after her. I hope you and your brother are able to keep your head up and just know you are doing something very special for your parents. When they are no longer here, you will look back and appreciate that you were there with them in their toughest times.

It's tough now, it's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel, but you will get through this. Personally, I had to go to therapy during these years to help me cope with being a caregiver, I definitely was depressed. It didn't help that I had just gotten out of college and I just wanted to start wnjoying life but I couldn't.

Hang in there bro.

boomboom likes this.
  2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Dammit. I'm sorry, man. :(

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Hang in there man.

One of my biggest fears is being in your situation with no other help. I'd can't think or anything to ease the pain but to say that your parents would be so proud of you for doing what did for them.

Compartmentalize this and look at it as part of your job. Remember that you did the best a child could do for their parents and not dumping them in a home and waiting for a call like a lot of other Americans.

boomboom likes this.