1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fat Athletic Trainers

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by esketit, Oct 1, 2018.

1. esketit

esketit Member

Whats the deal with this at the gym? I am really not trying to be rude here but why do people pay individuals who are out of shape in order to get fit? It seems one out of every 3-4 athletic trainers are overweight and I have seen a few that are pretty damn fat. Maybe they are cheaper? Or is it that they are good at knowing how to exercise but just choose not to?

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lol, there is one at the Grady school park that I see all the time when hooping. An obese man who yells at a group of middle-aged moms while they work out basically. If it works out for everybody you can't knock it, albeit kind of funny.

People just need motivation, it doesn't matter who it's coming from, it just matters that they feel obligated to come work out, and paying money for someone yelling at you to work out makes you feel obligated.

esketit likes this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Leave Keith Jones out of this! Keith has been nothing but a true professional for the Rockets & I hope he retires a Rocket.

hvic, CCity Zero, BigShasta and 8 others like this.
  4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

5. esketit

esketit Member

lol i mean like personal gym trainers!!!

6. esketit

esketit Member

i guess you are right but if its your job, your livelihood like how are you going to be fat?!

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Go ask one lol, I'm sure they have excuses for themselves. But whatever, again while funny, there's really no difference in the job being done for the average soccer mom. Those type of people don't need real physical trainers, they just need someone to yell at them, they just need to pay money so they feel obligated, they just need to have an appointment so they feel obligated... and just about anybody can be that person, so it's not like they are being deceiving or shady by being an obese trainer, because their job isn't to work out or even know much about working out - (outside of elementary workouts anybody can find on youtube), their job and livelihood is to be a motivator.

esketit likes this.
  8. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

Maybe the same reason chefs often eat quick and easy fast food.

Nook, Jack Kingoff and CourtOfDreams like this.
  9. Buck Turgidson

Never trust a fat chef. Or a skinny one.

Sajan, fallenphoenix and esketit like this.
  10. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

I could tell the minute you walked up with my mailbox flyer advertising "Half off on the First Session" you were not ready to commit to the system!!

I take nothing but the best, you earn your Mountian Berry Blast Power-Aid in my dojo! The first session you wanna quit!? Losers take the walk!! You can judge me and my body type right now, but in 1997 I was the best High School WR downfield tackler and stretch 4 in the great State of Louisiana. Where were you 20 years ago? Playing with your dough batter friends on N64 GoldenEye as Oddjob crouch ducking on Bunker with the golden gun?!

I'll happily refund your 13.50 for the brutal 20 min session you left halfway through. Just don't get another Number 3 Sonic Bacon Burger Double Chz with a Butterfinger Blast again and blame it on me for why everything is crumbling around you!

11. esketit

esketit Member

not sure what to make of this post. worked 18 hours today. i will get back to you in the AM

Jack Kingoff likes this.
  12. GIGO

GIGO Member

fat trainers win

Jack Kingoff likes this.
  13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

They're coaches. Do you see football coaches slim, fit and running a 4.3? It's more important that they (should) understand the technique and mechanics.

Also, there are three body types: Mesomorph (athletic), Ectomorph (skinny) and Endomorph (fat). Some people just never lose that belly.

[​IMG]

All of that said, I agree, a full time trainer should at least practice what they preach.

14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Adam Silver on the right

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Those who can do...

Nook likes this.
  16. Papa John

Papa John Member

perhaps they should focus on eating right

17. Buck Turgidson

...post about it on the internet?

18. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Leave them alone. They are just on bulk phase.

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Perhaps they are so good at training their schedule is completely booked leaving no time for their own workouts.

mrm32, Sajan and snowconeman22 like this.
  20. theimpossibles1

They are doing the 'marinade' bulk. The longer you soak the muscles in fat the more juicy and flavorful they come out when you cut.