1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Faried - No Show?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Remlap, May 9, 2019.

1. Remlap

Remlap Member

Anybody heard anything about what the dealio was with Faried not being at the game?

Very strange for a player to miss a critical playoff game.
    Yes, I know, he wasn't getting any PT. But, still. Very odd.

Hopefully he didn't go full Vernon Maxwell and walk out on the team?

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

he went to practice 3s so he won't be as useless as paul and clint when the time comes.

Remlap and Sajan like this.
  3. YallMean

YallMean Member

Don't know says personal reason ... could be a family thing ... Let's not speculate too much. He has not played much either and wouldn't have played last night anyways.

4. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

He's probably fasting and a guaranteed DNP. Who cares, wasn't going to play anyway.

Newlin likes this.
  5. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Hakeem Olajuwon Played 38 minutes in the Regular Season when he was fasting.

In Cricket, Hashim Amla scored 300 runs in a Test Match when he was fasting.

Fasting makes you challenge yourself, what is it like to experience as a poor person, Muslims believe It keeps you away from bad deeds, like the devil whispering bad ideas to you.
    Plus Devils are chained in Hell in Ramadan, by ALLAH - God.

Personal Reason means Family Issue, Health etc.

Fasting means no drinking liquid, no eating until 5 am prayer to 7 pm prayer.

Remlap and Hakeemtheking like this.
  6. mockster

mockster Member

This whole thing is ashame, I’m utterly shocked he’s got little to no time spec when we needed rebounding and energy. I’m not saying he’s not flawed but he’s had a history of matching up against draymond green fairly well this year. His best games this year were against the warriors!. The whole 3 minutes he played he literally got an offensive rebound and passed to an open Gordon and got an assist.

Also not having house as a factor is hugely disappointing. I knew he would fizzle down a bit in playoffs but I never thought he’d be this useless.

Outside of that hope everything is good with Faried on a personal level

7. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I hope he slapped somebody on his way out!

8. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

MDA mismanaged Manimal and the value he brings. because MDA doesn't appreciate rebounding. after all, he thinks we are going to win the boards by starting guards. And i hope i am proven wrong,but i think his luck is gonna run out on that sooner rather than later. it's a shame we couldn't find a way to use Faried's talent.

#8 Aruba77, May 9, 2019
    Last edited: May 9, 2019