1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Farewell Brand Giuliani

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Jan 30, 2008.

Tags:
  1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

We barely knew ya!

The big problem for Rudy, now that his 9-11 savior myth has gotten tired/been exposed, is that his massive cash cow machineas hit the skids.

Giuliani Capital Partners LP

Yeah something tellls me Blackstone or Goldman or whoever is not going to be flocking to the Mayor for his deal-structuring expertise....which does not exist.

Bracewell & Giuliani LLP

Hey PATTERSON, guess what, you're on deck, insofar as our 100 hour billable per year name partner washed up in 6 months....

Giuliani, Inc.

Five figure speaking fees, first class plane rides, etc etc etc = out the window.

2. lalala902102001

Among all the candidates in this election, Giuliani was the one that gave me creeps. I have many friends who attened colleges in NYC, and I've heard horror stories from them about Giuliani's mob boss style rule of the city. If this man became president we could all kiss byebye to our First Amendment rights.

I'm glad that Rudy is out. Go back to your Yankee games and don't ever be in politics again.

3. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

thank god.

4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I made a bet with a friend of mine back in August that both Guiliani and Hillary wouldn't be in the general election. ONe of them might but not both. I always figured that once the rest of the Republicans learned more about Giuliani his support would drop like a stone. I was also greatly aided by his terrible strategy of not dealing with the early states but even without that though I never had a good feeling that Guiliani could win. His values were out of step with the rest of the Republicans but also his combative personality didn't seem like one that would catch with the rest of the country.

5. Rule0001

Rule0001 Contributing Member

Rudy was my main guy. I'm very disappointed. I'm a backer of Willard now, even though it looks like Johnathan will get the emmy.

6. pppbigppp

pppbigppp Member

It is because 9/11

Sorry what is the question again?

7. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Giuliani was, and is, the best person for the job. Those of you who'd want to trash his record just don't remember what new york was like during the years preceding his term as mayor. and in an election year when "competence" seems such an issue w/ some of you, one would think Giuliani would get greater respects. he rebuilt this city once, and saved it a second time. he's been tested under fire and, and performed at churchillian levels.

he ran a poor campaign however, not unlike his senate run in New York in 2000. he gambled on a radical strategy, and it didn't pay off. i think we're all the poorer for his exist from the campaign.

8. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i honestly thought tranny was going to get the nod - 6 months ago it was his to lose. he had the neocon machine solidly behind him - fox news was pimping him hard - their president is good friends w/ tranny and consulted on his mayoral campaign.

next to hillary, tranny ghoul-iani was the worst choice (thats why i figured it would be those two). i dont know how anyone could have possibly supported tranny with all his negatives. all he had going for him was that he happened to be mayor of nyc on 9/11 - thats it! and ask the firefighters what they think of him.

i wish he would have gotten the nomination b/c it would have been hilarious to watch all the attack ads come out against him - firefighters would have swiftboated tranny in a new york minute - and we would have had pictures of ghouliani all dressed up like a woman all over the tv. it would have been great!

9. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

10. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

:rolleyes: are these friends of yours people who actually live in NYC and been to other parts of the city other than Soho and the Village?

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

was he campaigning. He added nothing to the campaign. he didn't have to take that gamble. I don't understand why he did.

12. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Seems Im in the minority here, But Rudy was my guy. Think he would have made a great leader. He just cant campaign worth a $hit...

I like McCain and would get behind him more....theres just something about him I just cant quite put a finger on...

13. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

We can live in peace now. I'm ok with the remaining candidates in the following order.

Hillary
    Mccain
    Romney
    Obama

14. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

I'd rather go

McCain
    Hillary
    Not Vote

15. Major

Major Member

Wouldn't the fact that he ran such a terrible campaign put in question his judgment and competence though? Some of it was certainly out of his control (McCain's resurgence) but he seemed to make every wrong decision possible over the last few months.

16. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

Rudy was a good mayor. He was a strong leader and ruled New York well. He worked like a dictator but it was needed in the aftermath of Dinkins' disaster.

Unfortunately he ran a campaign which turns out to be the most pathetic ever in modern history.

17. UTKaluman597

UTKaluman597 Contributing Member

Mccain seriously?? No one else thinks this guy is a nut??

oh and thank god Rudy is out..He was pretty unpopular with scandals and the like in NYC before 9-11..funny how 9-11 saved the asses of some pretty unpopular people..Bush administration, Guiliani, countless others..coincidence??

18. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I do a fair amount of cross-training with FDNY folks, including the last guy who got out of the second tower. He remembers looking back at his buddies and then they weren't there. A number of the FDNY people I work with still carry demons... are haunted by their experience on some level.

I remember what my FDNY friends said about Rudy. I remember reading the stories about Rudy's decisions to place the EOC in the WTC just so he could have trysts with his lover. I remember reading stories about the failure of his administration to upgrade radio equipment that could have saved lives. I remember him blaming the deaths of firefighters on their can-do attitude.

I remember Rudy saying he was exposed to the same hazards as the guys working the pile. I remember Rudy essentially crafting a persona and campaign on the graves of people who died in the attack. I don't remember Rudy standing up for those people in any meaningful way when it was learned the Bush Administration lied to everyone about the toxicity of the air around the pile. I do remember him authorizing the industrial scale clearing of the site at the expense of identifying victims and recovering remains.

Good effin' riddance. He's an *******.

19. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

rudy was the most unamerican candidate.

20. ymc

ymc Member

He is probably more Italian than American. Did we ever had a President of Italian descent?