1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

FAQ for BBS rookies.

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by moestavern19, Mar 7, 2009.

1. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Perhaps we should write something about people's signatures taking up a lot of space and other annoying ways of posting like, unnecessary space-adding lines, breaking lines when the comments area adds them already... etc.
    Using maybe one or two smilies is OK, though. ;)

2. Anxiety Trooper

How can I post a picture captured on my iPhone? TIA

3. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Save it on a photo hosting site like imgur.com, then click on the photo icon in the editor here, and paste the direct link to wherever you have it hosted.

4. Anxiety Trooper

Thanks.

5. Anxiety Trooper

Would rep but clutch has no #protocol for rep gaining powers

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

Or you can describe it to us with beautiful imagery. That way you can describe not only what's going on, but the mood, the weather, and the surrounding atmosphere. Let our imagination run wild.

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

how does one make the case for rep-giving privileges back?

8. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Q: Is it okay to post a giant picture that completely blows up a thread page and forces Rashmon to have to scroll and scroll and scroll to find the next page button?

A: Absolutely not and you should be punished for doing it.

1 person likes this.
  9. Jontro

Jontro Member

Yes, and in some countries you could get the death penalty for that.

10. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Agreed

and please dont use the excuse: "I didnt know the image was too big" there is a button that says "preview", so you can see if the picture is very big or not.

11. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Lies!

<-- been cheated, lol

12. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

When I started lurking on CF a few years back, I found it challenging to figure out what all the 3 letter acronyms stood for. And, every year, CF adds a few thousand new members and an untold number of new lurkers.

Would it be helpful to newbies if there was a sticky thread somewhere listing all the acronyms as a way of minimizing the number of posts in GARM asking what a particular acronym stands for?

And we seem to be adding new acronyms on a regular basis, eg today I came across the ABJ acronym for the first time, and it took me 15 minutes of reading back through threads to figure it out, as I didn't want to pollute GARM with the question.

13. mollamar

mollamar Contributing Member

I have a suggestion for the mods. Not sure if this is the right place for it, but I didn't want to start a thread. I was thinking about all the recent crap threads, e.g., "Would you still be a fan if..." or "Lebron sign and Trade", etc..., and I wondered if CF had ever experimented with some kind of thread-muting once a one star thread crosses enough votes. Seems to me that if threads were automatically muted or demoted off the front page once they achieved one star status and a minimum number of total votes, it would clean up the board. It would also provide a good incentive for people to cast votes and simultaneously would remove the incentive of attention that drives the posters who create some of those terrible threads.

#373 mollamar, Aug 8, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
  14. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

im writing a statistical analysis for CF's for the first proper time and have a question for the board.

if i take a screen shot from my mac, whats the best way to be able to embed the picture onto a tread?

or do you guys have alternative ways?

ill give you an example i took a screen shot of a shot chart? how should i embed it?

15. GIGO

GIGO Member

Hope this helps.
    Would use spoiler for the pics of over-sized charts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Voice of Aus

Ill try this tommorow thanks.

Ill keep you posted

17. Voice of Aus

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

this is a test guys dont hate me

18. Voice of Aus

yeah it worked thanks man!! much respect

i have 1 more question, i have a video from the sloan MIT confrence and i want to upload it here, the problem is theres not button to share the video? do you have a website which allows you to change this?

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Like your images, you have to upload them to a site, then you can link them or embed them.

Use a site like youtube for your video. (I'm sure there are other sites besides youtube but none off the top of my head right now. Sorry, ha.)

20. Voice of Aus

thanks JR i have collected a few vids form random sites over the years and was hoping one of you gurus new how to embed them when their was no share button..

thanks anyway, and ps look out for my article which ill release in a few days JR , its gonna be on limitations of Moreyball