1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

FAQ: Amnesty Rules, Dwight Trade, Draft Picks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 12, 2012.

1. ROCKET!!!

ROCKET!!! Member

I believe we also own a future Mephis first round pick from the Thebeet trade.

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Nope.

3. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Not anymore. We traded it to move up from #23 to #20 in the 2011 draft. Also got rid of Brad Miller and picked up Jonny Flynn, who we then packaged with Thabeet and a 2nd rounder for Marcus Camby, who we then traded for for Toney Douglas, Josh Harrellson, Jerome Jordan and two second rounders.

[moreypic.jpg]

The #23 pick, we got from the Suns in the Brooks-Dragic trade.

4. justtxyank

Correct. I added a pic from Real GM that breaks down our "credit and debits" as of today on the draft pick department.

5. ROCKET!!!

ROCKET!!! Member

Unless we traded it, which I am not aware of, I believe we still have. May want to check on it.

6. ROCKET!!!

ROCKET!!! Member

7. justtxyank

See post by Hmmm above you. It was traded.

8. jbasket

jbasket Member

Great post! especially about the amnestying, something asked on almost every thread basically. Imaginary rep given :cool:

9. justtxyank

The Amnesty stuff is specifically why I made the thread. :)

It gets asked in every single thread where a trade is discussed. I bet I've answered it myself 10 times. :)

10. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Excellent thread Bro... finally a complete summary/breakdown of what different peeps in multiple threads keep getting confused... Would REP if could

[​IMG]

11. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Here's a question I would like to see answered:

Can we package the players we have received in trades this offseason?

Larry Coon's page says that they can be packaged for teams under the cap, which now the Rockets are, but were they for the Bucks trade or even the Knicks trade (definitely are after the Knicks trade and removal of Camby's cap hold).

12. justtxyank

This is a great question that I actually read a little about yesterday and didn't get a solid answer. The wording I found was very confusing. Hopefully Bima can come along and answer it and we can add it to the OP.

13. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Good point on Bucks trade. I think that was done before draft so it would have been over the the cap. The others were done on the 11th and would be under the cap. For the Buck players, I think they are non guaranteed except for a million of Livingstone's deal. Rockets would just cut them as needed to create cap room.

14. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

ESPN TradeMachine if accurate shows Bucks players would have to be traded individually, while Knicks players and Forbes could be packaged.

Livingston for Duhon is a 2nd deal that could be done, so there is still value there.

15. justtxyank

Bump. I added this link to the FAQ
    http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q67

16. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

Great post! Thanks for the info!

I was wondering if both Lin and Asik were to be matched by their respective teams, would we be able to retain Courtney Lee's restricted status and match any possible deal he gets? If so, would this be a realistic option Morey could take or has that ship sailed?

17. Pete the Cheat

Rockets2K raised a good question in the Scola amnesty thread regarding the Stretch provision, maybe the minds in this thread can help decipher this section of the CBA

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q64

To me it appears the CBA only explicitly states the cap hit can be spread for contracts signed under the new CBA. To my knowledge all of the contracts in question (in supposed Dwight trade) were signed under the old CBA.

So does this mean we are SOL?

18. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Thats the way I read it.

Old CBA Contracts = buyout must be negotiated with the buyout spread thru the remaining years of the contract.

New CBA contracts = are eligible for having the cap hit spread out over the remaining years of the contract x 2 +1 years

19. Pete the Cheat

Well I'll be damned, Big Baby and J Rich were both signed under the NEW CBA: a silver lining

December 8, 2011: Both sides ratify the new agreement. The players drop their lawsuit.

December 9, 2011: Big Baby S&T to Orlando for Brandon Bass

December 10, 2022: Jason Richardson re-signs with Orlando

1 person likes this.
  20. Pete the Cheat

It's late, thats Dec 10, 2011...not 10 years in the future