1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

fantasy-league: Kenny or Cato

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by hos, Mar 6, 2000.

1. hos

hos Member

can someone help me out here:
    in my fantasy-league Ron Artest was placed on the injured-list so i want to drop him. Both Kenny Thomas and Kelvin Cato are still available. Who do you think I should add to my roster?

2. hos

hos Member

thanks.
    i gues it indeed comes down to who gets the most minutes. I wanted to take Cato, but I already have 4 centers (Shaq, Kandi, Divac and Geiger). I recently added Geiger, cause Ty Hill went on the injured list and I supposed Matt would get more minutes.
    Now I am short on PF (Taylor and Gugliotta). I think I have no choice but to go with Kenny.

On a different note...Juan and PhiSlamma, how is the participation in your fantasy-leagues? I am playing in two so-called "serious" leagues. In one of the leagues i am the only one playing! That sucks.
    Of course one cannot force someone else to continue to play in a league they entered, so i guess i have to accept that stuf like that happens. I tried to think of a way to ensure that a contenders in a fantasyleague would keep on playing even if they are losing. But unless there is some sort of social pressure to keep players from abandoning their game, i dont think you can ever be sure that a certain league will remain active until the final games have been played.

But then I read Popeyes message about this BBS being some sort of virtual community where members of this community miss each other when they don´t see (or read) each other now and then.

Wouldn´t it be exciting to, next season, start a fantasy-league for the members of the clutchcity-community?

3. PhiSlammaJamma

We've got a couple of active leagues for Clutch City going. Keep an eye out for the messages next year, but be fast because they fill up quickly.

Join baseball NOW... if you're interested.

e-mail commish at nemers@aol.com and he'll get you the details immediately. only 4 days until the draft on March 8

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

In my fantasy league, 3 of the 10 guys were strangers who were stuck into the league -- and they never visited even once. The other 7, however, know one another and everyone tried in the beginning. But as the year shakes out, the worst teams have no reason to visit anymore and they leave their teams on autopilot. My brother checks in every week or two. Another guy made a few lopsided trades to help his cousin and hasn't bothered since. Now the race is down to just 3 guys (with me being one). That's just the nature of the beast I think. I did the same thing two years ago when a weak draft, Ewing's injury and Sprewell's suspension killed my season. It'd be cool if CC.net could run a fantasy league, but I'm sure it's more work than the Crew would care for.

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

It depends on your league and how they score the points of course. In my league (Sandbox), I think I'd take Cato over Thomas, but probably mostly because he plays C. If Olajuwon's health does improve, that may mean less production for Cato. I think it will mostly hinge on how well Olajuwon will play for the rest of the season.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

Ron Artest went on IR! Thanks for the update. He's on my team too. It's him or Brent Barry for me. I guess I'm stuck with Brent.

That is a tough call on who to add, but if I were to guess I would add Cato. You need to think about who the odd man out is now that Hakeem is back. I think it would be Thomas who gets the pine... despite his great play. Cato may be at Power Forward and log more minutes. Keep an eye on who Rudy goes with. Cato is under contract for 6 years. Look for him to get the PT.