1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2018-19]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by YOLO, Aug 2, 2018.

1. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

How many teams? I would guess its an 8-10 man league, which is fine. You're somewhat capped on your team's ceiling. Your bench is pretty poor, and you don't really have any "upside" on your bench. I would hope that ty Montgomery starts fast so that you can maybe trade him for someone with some upside...like rashaad penny, or kerryon Johnson, someone who's expected to have a better finish than start. If its a 10-team league, I would expect that you would finish around 5th-7th place...and that's assuming no injuries.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

please find another te immediately.

3. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

12 team. i had 12th pick in a snake draft. handcuff running backs have tons of potential upside imo. especially backups for old rbs like mccoy

i was going to get eric ebron, but the guy in front of me stole my pick. after that i was pretty screwed for te.

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I would have liked this better if you had not drafted Allen Robinson, Wilson and Jones (depending on the cost). Jimmy Graham I'm on the fence on. I think in standard it makes more sense. There is 14 TD upside there in theory. But he looked pretty slowed down last season for whatever reason. The TDs were there last year but the yardage wasn't. Hopefully for you he is not declining.

I think you could have found better values there and that would have bolstered your WR group beyond AJG. Now you are looking pretty thin for a 10 team league. I do like Anderson as an upside pick. But I don't know if I like him as much with a rookie QB who usually tends to target the shorter, intermediate routes. We'll see.

primtim24 likes this.
  5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Weird... just noticed the only owner in my 10 player 1-QB league without a backup QB on the roster is the owner with the most risk at starter (me, with Andrew Luck). I used to draft a backup QB but with a short bench (5 player) hate having to waste one on a QB that I might only play once. I figure worst case I can stream as there are a number of reasonable adds (Dak, Keenum, Bortles, Manning, Dalton, Trubinsky... and even Winston).

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

No need to hog QBs in a 10-man league. Not this year. 5 player bench... currently rostered QB's will begin to hit waivers as soon as BYE weeks approach.

7. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Keep Dalton on your watch list, in case Luck starts looking unLuck-like.

Andy may get off to a hot start with a newly equipped O-line and a multitude of weapons at his disposal.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

with a short bench it's likely other owners won't be committed to holding 2 qb's all season long. things always happen and they have to deal with the same issue as you.

9. NewRoxFan

Its funny... three teams have backup TEs, one team has a backup DTS (he has JAX and CAR... guess he is that worried about JAX bye week, which seems insane to me). Here I am trying to figure a way to squeeze Kenny Stills or Peyton Barber into a full bench and they are now to four or even three bench spots...

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

i have luck in one of my leagues league so lets hope for the best and he can get back to that QB1 tier as far as fantasy numbers

11. NewRoxFan

Amen. Seems that some of the so-called FF experts still have confidence (eg CBS ranks him between 4-5). Andy Holloway of Fantasy Footballers has him 5. Yea, can't simply go by so-called experts, but Stephen Holder (Colts beat writer) says Luck throwing well (and longer) in practice. And he did look better last game.

But yea... I may kick myself not waiting a round or two and drafting Rivers.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I like Luck simply because of who's running the offense now.

13. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

So far I have these players in multiple leagues...
    Hunt×2
    Fournette×4
    Hopkins×3
    Luck×5
    AP×3
    Watson×2
    Kelce×2
    Lmiller×2
    Still have 4 of 10 drafts remaining

14. fallenphoenix

geeze, dunno how people can do so many leagues. i like the all-in thrill of being in one league.

15. NewRoxFan

LOL... I joined my second this year. Always worried that I couldn't handle the stress. My family hates the next couple of months... they may send me packing... :D

16. fallenphoenix

i'd think being in multiple leagues is less stressful in a way. certainly more time consuming, but less stressful. if one team tanks you still have others to play with. when you have one if you lose a key guy you're probably screwed.

then again, when you reach like 10 leagues trying to keep them all up to date would be stressful.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

well he has the same players in alot of his leagues so if they go down, its a domino effect. a few leagues here and there is nice but damn never would i do as much as 10 lol. I don't even really see how that's any fun anymore lol

fallenphoenix likes this.
  18. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

It takes about 30 minutes on Sunday morning. Maybe 30 minutes on the waiver wire during the week. I have done 10 leagues for about 4 years now and have never lost more than I put in. My wife has 2 leagues so she is on board as well.

NewRoxFan likes this.
  19. NewRoxFan

General draft and roster construct question: listened to two fantasy football writers discuss the need to draft and build a roster intended to win the early season, so avoid any player with injury, suspension, or for the most part rookies (especially WRs, saying the only rookie WR that succeeded the past few years was Amari Cooper). So... avoid Jeffery, Baldwin, Ingram, Winston, Michel (for injury and situation), Ridley/Miller/Kirk. They would favor Godwin or Golladay over any rookie WR.

Thoughts?

20. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Just wanted to come back and thank you for the advice to grab Cole. Now with Lee going down Cole looks like the #1 Receiver. Really helping my very weak receiver core. Kudos bro, thank you.