1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2017-18]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by YOLO, Aug 9, 2017.

1. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

But run defense is the only thing the Browns are kind of good at.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

jeffrey, parker, and allen

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Love Legatron. Wish I had him. Other good kickers include Ghostkowski, Elliott and Bryant. I am riding Lutz the ROS. Funny thing, last year everyone was all over Tucker. Guess BAL's poor offense changed that...

4. NewRoxFan

Thanks @kevC and @YOLO that helps a lot! I will go with the consensus recommendations (Jeffery, Parker) and go with Shepard (huge targets and yards last week... should get plenty again vs KC). Allen may break out of his funk if Rivers is fully able to play and will use him in case Jeffery's ankle prevents him from starting. I also have Kelvin Benjamin in reserve too, though BUF is a scary play nowadays.

I'll still hope Davis goes off tonight (love his combination of speed, size, and route/catching skills)... I wish this was a keeper league... he is going to be a top ten WR.

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I just picked up Harrison Butker back off waivers who is averaging 13.5ppg, close behind Young GZ at 14.56.

Tucker is still probably the best kicker in the league but variance is so high and the position is ALWAYS correlated directly to the most efficient offenses.

Kickers still don't matter. ;)

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

gl. btw not sure where people are getting buff as a scary play. NO's receivers just tore them to shreds in their own building. it would of been worse if the running game wasn't killing them as well.

but sometimes you can't really go by the "book" in fantasy. its a gamble. overthinking can cause wrong decisions

7. NewRoxFan

i wasn't referring to BUF's defense... I agree, since they made the trade their defense has been pretty beatable. Instead, I was referring to BUF's offense. I have Kelvin Benjamin and Charles Clay and I am wondering if I should play either down the stretch. Kelvin appears to have gone from the frying pan to the fire. Just as he was developing any sort of chemistry with Taylor they change QBs. KB is my first choice if I need to drop someone.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

ahh gotcha. well after this week, KB has a nice schedule for the rest of the year. and i think i mentioned this already but peterman targeted him on 3/10 of his passes more than any of the other players.

9. NewRoxFan

LOL, well, I was a bit off....299 yards, 4 TDs, 29 fantasy points. Davis exploded for... 5.7 points. Yea, I didn't win that transaction. Luckily I sat Davis. Hopefully Cousins has a good game.

10. The Stig

The Stig Member

Eh. You should be fine.

Working on getting some more trades in. What do y'all think of this? I'm trying to cash in my depth for upgrades.

My Kelce, Fitzgerald, and Hyde for Le'Veon and Jimmy Graham?

My Fitzgerald and AP for Jay Ajayi?

Reasonable offers? Lopsided? Think the Ajayi is a bit lopsided but this guy needs players

11. NewRoxFan

Best TE ROS - Doyle, ASJ, Clay?

remaining schedules:
    Jack Doyle - vs Bye, TEN, JAX, BUF, DEN, BAL
    ASJ - vs Bye, CAR, KC, DEN, NO, WAS
    Clay - vs LAC, KC, NE, IND, MIA, NE

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

all of those guys are in the same league as far as TE production. you cant really go wrong if youre just deciding bw those 3.

13. NewRoxFan

Yes, I guess if its not Gronk, Ertz, Kelce and perhaps Graham and Engram, the rest of the TEs are so hit or miss that streaming is a reasonable approach. Even this week I am thinking about dropping Clay for Fiedo, Watson, or Gresham. People complain about Kickers... I'd eliminate TEs before I'd eliminate Kickers. heck, I wish Flex was WRTK...

14. NewRoxFan

Wish I had an extra roster spot to add LAC dst this week... plays against a struggling traveling BUF offense, with a rookie QB, and now...

rhino17 likes this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

man i might have to end up flexing fiedo for one of my leagues. he plays the majority of the snaps. its just the qb is terrible lol

16. NewRoxFan

According to Yahoo Fiedo is projected to get 10.30 standard points this week, so he seems like a decent play. I would hate flexing a player that wasn't going to get me at least 10 fantasy points. That's why I stack up my roster with extra RBs and WRs.

17. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

TE is actually not too hard to predict floor numbers. Yes there is scarcity in terms of high level production but that has always been the case with TEs. Streaming is also going to be hit or miss.

I think TE boils down to chemistry with QB and QB tendencies. Also matchup may factor in. Some teams play coverage that shuts down the middle of the field, other coverages focus on the boundary leaving the middle more open.

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Or you could be like me and draft Zach Ertz in the 11th round.

*compensated for my plethora of other bad picks*

19. The Stig

The Stig Member

Traded Hyde, Kelce, and Carr for Le'veon and Jimothy Graham. How did I do? Standard League.

20. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Added them this morning thanks to this post, worked out quite well