1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2017-18]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by YOLO, Aug 9, 2017.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

BUF benches Tyrod Taylor, Nathan Peterman will start. Just when there was hope that Benjamin would develop chemistry with Taylor... a new rookie QB. This may not impact Clay as much since rookie QBs tend to look for TEs but I am even more worried about Benjamin now and in fact, I am wondering if I should drop kelvin and add either ASJ or Jack Doyle (who was dropped Tuesday)?

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

he actually targeted KB when he came in last week. still remains to be seen but this could be an upgrade. taylor is a terrible qb

3. The Stig

The Stig Member

Taylor is a terrible passing QB. If anything, this could boost Benjamin's numbers. I'd hold. Did you drop your other QB?

4. NewRoxFan

Yup... dropped Ben Roethlisberger last night to add Corey Davis. That will probably trigger to pass for 400 yards and 5 TDs. :eek:

Update... just realized that the team I am playing has/had Tyrod Taylor as his only QB. Now hoping that he doesn't pick up Big Ben (next best available QB is Dalton) since it would be awful getting beat by the QB I just dropped... :oops:

#684 NewRoxFan, Nov 15, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  5. The Stig

The Stig Member

You'll be fine. Pittsburgh is playing tomorrow. Do the waivers clear that quickly?

Astrodome likes this.
  6. The Stig

The Stig Member

Going out on a limb here and picked up James Connor again. I got a bad feeling about tomorrow's game and the amount of volume Bell has been getting the last couple of weeks.

Anyone pick up Woodhead in Standard as a stash?

7. NewRoxFan

LOL... you are correct sir! Clears November 18. I guess his best bets are Cutler vs TB, Manning vs KC. I'm starting Parker so choosing Cutler might not be so bad...

8. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

My weakness is at QB (Mariotta). Rest of squad is solid. I just picked up A. Rodgers hoping he will be back for last couple games, and am considering Jimmy G. and the new Buffalo QB. Anyone have any under the radar guys I'm missing?

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Going to be interesting if Rodgers returns in Week 15. Ripple effect for all Green Bay offense, Nelson especially.

10. JTQ

JTQ Member

FYI, Aaron Rodgers is practicing and hoping to come back week 15.... time to stash like no tomorrow! :D

11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

What a terrible fantasy football year. Despite having the 2nd most points in the league, I have 300 more points scored against me than any other team in the league. As a result I am 1 spot out of the playoffs at 4-6 (12 person league). So I just unloaded all my depth before the trade deadline and am making a final playoff push with an entirely new roster:

QB: Ben Roethlisberger
    WR: Brandon Cooks
    WR: Mike Evans
    WR: Alshon Jeffrey
    RB: Kareem Hunt
    RB: Devonta Freeman
    TE: Jack Doyle
    FLEX: Chris Hogan
    K: Kai Forbath
    DEF: Detroit Lions

Bench
    - Alfred Morris
    -Delanie Walker
    -Rex Burkhead
    -Will Fuller V
    -Josh McCown

IR: Aaron Rodgers

12. NewRoxFan

I feel your pain. I have the most points in my league by 80 points but I am in fourth at 6-4.

You'll need to start Burkhead this week since Freeman is out with concussion. And play Walker instead of Doyle (bye). Walker should be a good play tonight since PIT is without a safety and CB. Burkhead is also expected to have a big game. You should have a good week overall... good luck!

rhino17 likes this.
  13. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Updated roster after waiver clearing. Please help. Not sure what to do with RB2/flex/WR2.

[​IMG]

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

check other options as far as having to playing walker tonight. Pitts doesnt typically allow good games from TE's and its a short week. not an ideal matchup here

rhino17 likes this.
  15. The Stig

The Stig Member

@kevC Depending on how Fournette feels, you might want to put in Ivory (or Yeldon) at RB2 if Fournette is limited. I like Kenny Stills against TB this weekend, maybe make him a Flex option? If you're in PPR, play Riddick over Ivory/Perine. You should have a good floor this week since Jags are going against Cleveland and Zuerlein is scoring double digits almost every week.

@rhino17 Freeman looks to be out this week. Plan accordingly. Other than that, I think your team is really good for a 12 man league.

rhino17 likes this.
  16. The Stig

The Stig Member

So I'm a bit peeved that one of my league mate was stalling on this trade (my C.Hyde, A.Peterson, and D.Carr for his A.Kamara and David Johnson) so I just withdrew it today and plan on rolling with what I've got. I am 5-5, with a foot in the door for playoffs.

Any suggestions on what to do to improve this team? Bold is starters. 10 Team Standard:

QB: D.Carr (M.Ryan)
    RB1/2: M.Gordon, T.Coleman (C.Hyde (Bye), A.Peterson, J.Connor (lotto), D.Woodhead (IR stash))
    WR1/2/3: AJ Green, T.Hill, G.Tate (M.Sanu)
    Flex: L.Fitzgerald
    TE: T.Kelce
    K: W.Lutz
    DST: Detroit
    (Baltimore)

17. NewRoxFan

you look good to go...

18. NewRoxFan

I was feeling pretty good with my WR and Flex choices until learned Alshon Jeffery hurt his ankle today. So looking for advice:

WRs: Alshon Jeffery vs DAL, Sterling Shapard vs KC, Devante Parker vs TB, Corey Davis vs PIT (TONIGHT), and Keenan Allen vs BUF.

Which two at WR, and which one at Flex?

Also, would you play the WR at flex, or either Mixon or Darkwa?

I am really tempted to start Davis but I'd be bummed until Sunday if he had a 5-50 night.

19. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Thanks. It's standard 12-team. I think I'll go with Stills like you said. I'm sticking with Perine for now. Even if Fournette is hampered, I don't trust the Jags to run a lot given what they did last week.

Side note: I think there's an argument to be had that Zuerlein is the best fantasy player in the league this year. The gap between him and the number 2 kicker is higher than any gap between the top two players in any position. :p

20. The Stig

The Stig Member

@NewRoxFan Jeffery looks like he's still gonna play this week. Tough choices though. My guess on the ranks from best to worst:

1. Jeffery: hot offense, hot QB. Start your studs
    2. Devante: seems like a good play because TB allows a lot of yards to WR/TE.
    3. Shepard: gets a lot of targets, and potentially even more since they're gonna fall behind early
    4. Davis: Trending up, just not sure how much
    5. Allen: Not feeling the matchup

Your WRs are better than your RBs. Darkwa seems to get a decent floor but I dunno about KC.

@kevC I actually think the Jags are gonna run the ball more. They're playing Cleveland!

NewRoxFan likes this.