1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2017-18]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by YOLO, Aug 9, 2017.

1. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I've been offered the following trade:

Melvin Gordon & Stefon Diggs
    for
    Devonte Freeman & Randall Cobb

Current RBs
    Kareem Hunt, Ameer Abdullah, Alvin Kamara, Wendel Smallwood

Current WRs
    Odell Beckham, Devante Adams, Michael Thomas

I think it's worth noting that Aaron Rodgers is my QB since I'll have two of his top three targets if I accept the trade.

Thoughts?

2. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

Fair trade but I would decline.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

i would accept. freeman is a great fantasy rb. his consistency is a huge plus and on a great offensive team. #3 ranked rb this year so far. much better play over gordon

you downgrade slightly going from diggs to cobb but you have obj and michael thomas already. cobb is a good value wr3. keep in mind diggs value takes a hit so long as minny qb situation is in question

edit. i may have read it wrong. if you're giving up freeman and cobb. in that case decline! haha

FLASH21 likes this.
  4. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

No you were right. I'm receiving Freeman and Cobb... he has Jordy Nelson and Deandre Hopkins too but I feel like asking for either over Cobb would put the trade at a huge disadvantage for him and ultimately get vetoed.

Also with Dalvin Cook out I feel like Diggs and Thielen will get even more targets in the pass game. Latavius Murray is serviceable but no Dalvin Cook.

I'm thinking about taking it.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

oh ok yeah. i would accept then as your team would improve imo

FLASH21 likes this.
  6. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

Okay, nevermind. I read that wrong lol. I would accept that trade.

FLASH21 likes this.
  7. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Dude accept that right now. You have a sick team after the trade. Small league?

FLASH21 likes this.
  8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I've owned Gordon two straight years... Accept. Gordon is walking wounded and when he is healthy isn't getting much help from his offensive line. I also own Tevin Coleman and while I never root for injuries it would sure help me out.

9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Should I just cut Brandon Marshall loose? I keep waiting for him to turn it around and it doesn't look like it's gonna happen. Matt Bryant is on bye this week and I honestly feel like he is more important to my team at this point. I was thinking of dropping Marshall for a kicker

10. NewRoxFan

Wow, a touted WR2 going into the season and now I suspect many people are asking the same thing. I semi-stream K's (switching mostly between Lutz and Prater, more often Prater including this week). Suspect you can replace Marshall with a comparable if not better WR after the bye. Is Legatron (Zuerlein) available?

btw, here's a great Kicker resource:

11. NewRoxFan

I am in a tough spot... my opponent normally has a so so lineup but his players seem to be in great situations (eg DJax vs NE, James White vs TB, Dez vs GB). Meanwhile all my WRs are in terrible shadow covers (OBJ vs Hayward, A Jeffery vs Peterson, K Benjamin vs Slay). Struggling with my Flex decision (Jeffery or Benjamin). I'd need to drop a backup RB (Fat Rob or Foreman) to add a different option... Amendola vs TB, Humphreys vs NE, Jaron Brown vs PHI, ASJ vs CLE, or Brate vs TB. Hate dropping either RB though (hoping is ready off bye vs SF and hoping Foreman eventually replaces Miller).

Question: would you stick with either Jeffery and Benjamin (and which one as flex this week)? Or drop one of the RBs and add someone from list (and which one?). btw, RBs on waivers now include Prosise, McGuire, Collins, McKinnon, Lacy, Charles since a big run off waivers this week.

12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

It's a 10 team league but I capitalized on someone's Raven fanhood by trading for Michael Thomas/Hunter Henry... I gave up Christian McCafferey/Buck Allen.

Smart drafting and free agent pickups has helped me to a 4-0 record. :D

13. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I'd keep your RB and roll with Benjamin so long as he's healthy.

This may be a tight game for both squads but you know that if Cam get's in the redzone his first target will be KB.

14. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

PPR league

Cohen vs Minnesota

Or

Doug Martin (coming off suspension) vs New England(Thursday)

I'm leaning towards playing it safe with Cohen, but feel there may be some upside with Doug against the horrible NE defense.

Thoughts?

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

definitely cohen. you're rolling the dice a bit with martin since it's his first game back and a snap count seems likely as well as getting into game shape. as much hit NE has taken so far for their defense, I think they clean it up a bit tonight on primetime

16. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I'm getting offered Tarik Cohen for my Chris Hogan. Hogan is awesome but I really really badly need a RB. Should I take it?

17. NewRoxFan

BigMaloe likes this.
  18. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Yeah I know, but I'm not sure what kind of snap count he's gonna get the first game back and it being PPR makes Cohen feel safer.

NewRoxFan likes this.
  19. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Anyone?

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

what does the rest of your team look like? Cohen's value is in ppr leagues