1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fans @ TC Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OTMax, Mar 13, 2017.

1. OTMax

OTMax Member

Tonight was great, the energy was there, fans showed up from the start and I have no doubt the play-offs will be booming. Let's show love when fans show up and give the team the much needed energy sometimes to just get that juice going and get fired up a bit more. Of course, having Beverley & Harden helps ;)

2. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

And on national TV, the applause for Cleveland was very apparent. Can't believe how many damn bandwaggoners we have in Houston.

3. EffTheJazz!!!

EffTheJazz!!! Member

That's the LeBron affect bro. I wouldn't say it's really bandwagon fans; an iconic player like that just has a loyal fan base that usually end up cheering for the team their favorite player is playing on as well.

Probably a lot of casual fans there too tonight, which is all good. Cleveland, GS, the lakers (especially when they had Kobe) get some cheers in every arena u feel me

napalm06 and BigShasta like this.
  4. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

With how packed the Toyota Center was last night, it felt like we went back in time to the T-Mac days! :cool:

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  5. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

When it's on the weekend, of course they're going to be there.

6. cato13

cato13 Contributing Member

Yeah but would it really be considered a weekend game? The game was later than usual and unless you work for the school system you still had to get up the next day and go to work?

7. photojoe

photojoe Member

I still remember going to a game a couple of years ago when Lebron was in Miami and there were probably almost as many Heat shirts and jerseys as there were Rockets ones. There was noticeable cheering for the Heat as well.

Those same fans that swore "No I'm not a bandwagon fan! I've always been a Heat fan!" back then were probably the same ones that were cheering for Cleveland yesterday.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  8. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Well more parents will sacrifice their sleep if their kids don't have school the next day. Anytime there is a holiday the next day, games feel more packed.

9. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

It's spring break right now.

10. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Great crowd, hopeful for more as the season closes

11. Zergling

Zergling Member

They'll show up for high profile games, playoff games, and that's about it. Seeing LeBron James play is worth the price of admission.

12. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

It's easy to have the arena packed at the tip when the game isn't starting at 7pm on a Tuesday.

J Sizzle likes this.
  13. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

You weren't there Lawrence, LMAO :D. The McD's janitor mig0s mentioned seeing you at the McD in stinky fort worth...

14. marky :)

marky :) Member

I heard if you say T-mac 3 times, tinman shows up magically in a thread.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

shoutout to the fan who got arrested last night for running onto the the court :D

cbs1507 likes this.
  16. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Shout out that he is a jacka$#.

17. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

all those "cleveland fans" are just former "lakers fans". Amirite? Lakers fans don't show up anymore, they moved on to Lebron. Bunch of bandwagon b****es. If they're not from Houston, fine. But I will never understand not rooting for the hometown team.

18. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Prob the most lit as they say game all year at the TC.

19. HTM

HTM Member

I was there and loud and truly cheering.... most folks around me don't have it in 'em.

20. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Playoff games are a different beast at TC. It gets louder and louder the deeper into the playoffs the Rockets go. But there is a huge difference in the crowd that's apparent even in the first round.