1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fans respects Texans and votes as best AFC team via ESPN

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gatsby, Dec 7, 2012.

1. gatsby

gatsby Member

[​IMG]

I'm proud of our Texans. Keep winning, keep earning respect.

2. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

kool lemme go vote

3. MONON

MONON Member

I like to think the Texans are the best in the AFC, but I'll feel better when we beat the Pats on their field. Also while we beat Denver in Denver, that was before they started to jell. Those are the 2 teams I worry about.

4. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

We win Monday,...that will be real big

5. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Who has Denver beaten, really? To me, the way their season has gone has less to do with "jelling" and more to do with playing three very good teams (Atlanta, Houston, New England) in the early going. Now they're feasting on weaklings.

Remember, the Broncos looked quite good in a 31-19 season-opening win over a solid Pittsburgh team. Did they suddenly lose it the next two weeks? I don't think there's a "before" and "after" - it's just a matter of who they played and the fact that the Texans and Falcons are 11-1 for a reason.

6. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Denver is clearly not the same team that we faced in Week 3...they are better...

And the Patriots are on a roll...

The Texans will only keep gaining respect...when they go out and play like champs not chumps...

7. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Based on what, exactly? Beating the Raiders, Chiefs, Chargers and Panthers?

Denver has two wins all year against teams with winning records. One came before Week 3 (7-5 Pittsburgh in Week 1), and one came after (7-5 Cincinnati in Week 9). Funny how their "not being the same team" coincides with getting the Falcons, Texans and Patriots off their schedule and replacing them with the likes of Kansas City, Oakland and San Diego.

#7 The Cat, Dec 7, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  8. VBG

VBG Member

Denver's best win is against the Steelers... when the Steelers weren't playing well. The Steelers were not good at the start of the year. They only really started jelling after the Titans game.

They've had a ridiculously soft schedule.