1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fandom Question: what's your philosophy

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jun 23, 2017.

?

Would you prefer one guaranteed title and nine years of futility or 10 years of good teams

1. 1 title, 9 bad years

65.9%
  2. 10 good years, no guaranteed titles

29.3%
  3. I abstain, courteously

4.9%
  1. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

With Durant/GSW pulling their Harlem Globetrotter crap on the league now, I'm finding it difficult to care either way. I think implicit in the 10 good years route, which I would've voted for, you still believe there's a chance every now and then. That's completely gone now.

justtxyank likes this.
  2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I enjoy hearing that we are the 3rd most winningest team in the regular season over the past 10 years

Whatever that means....

3. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

9 bad years so other rivals can build up their bad mojo credit, ending the decade with the title so I can unleash a tsunami of sh*t talking to said rivals. Winning the hardware is hard enough so I would bet that rivals would have to wait a long time to get back at me for that.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Reality are 2 rings and 20 yrs of waiting.

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

1 title and 9 awful years IF it's a guarantee. Only reason why I don't think we should go 100% all out and mortgage our future is because I don't believe it's possible to assemble a team to beat the Warriors with our current assets and cap space.

6. caneks

caneks Rookie

Is this even a question? sports is all about championship. Nobody care if or how you played first round or second round or in final. People and fans will only remember the year you are champion. Once a champion, forever a champion.

7. caneks

caneks Rookie

I think the only year they can talk about and be proud of is year 2011.

8. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

If this is an argument about tanking, the fact is you don't KNOW that you're going to 1) draft a superstar, 2) that you'll ever win a title. So quitting, aka tanking, to get high draft picks isn't a guarantee at a title. The same teams are crappy every single year with very little change...obviously it hasn't worked for them.

I much prefer the Rockets method of working hard and always giving the fans a reason to cheer for them. I would hate to be a 76ers fan. I think it's shameful, tbh.