1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Family Values] Elton John Calls out Dolce & Gabbana

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Cohete Rojo, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Elton John called out Dolce & Gabbana for their comments about same sex families ("synthetic children") resulting from "rented" wombs (in vitro fertilization). Dolce has essentially taken a stance that family is an institution born of "love" and passion, not science, and the traditional family (mother, father and children) holds something magical that a same-sex family cannot achieve.

Of course, culture generally defines family. But I think most of the world, outside parts of the Middle East and Utah, the traditional family is the norm. I thought I should post this in the D&D because this may eventually evolve into some kind of 'should same-sex couples be allowed to adopt' debate. Though apparently Gabbana has taken a stance against same-sex adoption. The traditional family makes to much sense, and trying to break the mold in this way (the way Elton John and his partner have sought) may not work for everyone, though it is a rare find.

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Why would the head of a company ever talk about this stuff? Just stupid.

3. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

4. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

The only thing that matters to a child is unconditional love and safety, and I have seen enough same sex couples who give their children this unconditional love. I have also seen enough traditional families were the parents do not give their children the love and safety they need and deserve.

It does not matter if the parents are of the same sex or not. it matter whether they are suitable to raise their children.

5. The Law

The Law Member

My wife was disgusted at D&G when we were speaking about this at dinner last night. It's amazing that a major company would take such a narrow minded stance.

I am about as Right as they come on most issues, but IVF is the sole reason I am a father (also the reason I am in debt up to my eyeballs) and to call my son Synthetic is sickening.

I wouldn't mind punching his Italian ass in the balls if I ever had the chance...

6. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

That's rich coming from D&G, seeing as many queens that wear their stuff! :rolleyes:

7. rudan

rudan Member

I boycott Elton John and dole & garbanzo, both suck......