1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Facebook Officially Less Popular with American Teens Than Instagram and Snapchat

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

At this point Facebook is there for Gen-Xers to reconnect (spy) on their old HS/College classmates and friends.

And yeah, it makes sense that kids today don't want to be on a platform their parents are on.

daywalker02 likes this.
  2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I proudly am one of the few that don't have any of these things.

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

I haven’t used my FB account in like 6 years...I should probably just delete it

I browse Instagram daily, and Snapchat is what I’m most active on right now

daywalker02 likes this.
  4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I will check out my facebook account via browser occasionally. deleted the apps a bit ago.

I like Instagram in that there's no "news" on there, and other random useless crap.

Snapchat is confusing as **** for adults, myself included. I get it... just won't use it.

I probably use Twitter the most now... though I don't tweet much myself.

On the whole, I don't use any of it that much.

There's this thing called the Clutch BBS... its awesome ;)

ROCKSS and Rocket River like this.
  5. Jontro

Jontro Member

i dumped faceboom more than a decade ago before everyone did it. am i a hipster yet?

daywalker02 likes this.
  6. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I mean, when I joined facebook it had a purpose. You had to have an EDU email address and it was all about hooking up or meeting people at your school. Then, when they let in people like parents and crap it got old, fast. I loathe facebook but still have to keep one for my Trivia Shows, otherwise I would be gone. If anything, young people use Instagram A LOT. Like A LOT A LOT. Also, snapchat is great because I don't have to hear idiotic political views either.

7. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Its like when tech media declared Google Plus would take a HUGE chunk of Facebook's userbase. Not happening, anytime soon at least.

Snapchat gave me the worst 1st impression ever of a social app. Filters and animal morphs still looks like the dumbest thing. Then seeing that "Being Cool = Attention HOE At Any Cost", that is anti what I'm about lol. Social media now is all a big "modeling" portfolio for "thirsty" people. No thanks, I'll stay with boring Facebook

Rocket River likes this.
  8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I take this as a sign that Facebook has survived the "fad" phase. It is now a functional tool for adults more so than next big thing youngsters.

I have a Facebook that I literally never post on just to maintain connections.

Rocket River likes this.
  9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I'm old
    Explain this to me . . . . .

Instagram seems like alot more work for alot less contect
    SnapChat . .. well I honestly don't have that much to say . . and not interested in other peoples thoughts

I ask because . .. . I am helping a friend get his business going
    and I told him Social MEdia will be a boon to him
    but
    I have no idea how he can garner follows/likes/fans on those two platforms
    Seems like alot of work

Rocket River

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

MY Father in Law LOVES Twitter
    IT is his primary Social Media platform .. . .

IT is another one I could never get into

Rocket River

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

You use Facebook like I use Linkedn

Rocket River

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

it can be a lot of work...he’d have to promote himself a lot and do a lot of networking...if he could get someone with a lot of Instagram followers to put his name out there then that could be a big boost...that’s free promotion

I only use SnapChat because a lot of my friends do, but Instagram is where I discover a bunch of people, products, restaurants, events, etc that I otherwise wouldn’t have really known about

Rocket River likes this.
  13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

It's just not as bloated as FB became. Probably to their detriment as a business - there's a reason FB has billions of users - but to the benefit of those that got super tired of the FB bloatedness

That said, as with FB and any other social network, the more stuff you start following, liking, etc., the more crap you get. So I still skim past much of it. But its faster to do. A quick little Twitter check and good for the day or until something breaks.

On the whole, I still pretty much use this bbs and reddit the most...
    they're less "social" but way more about what I'm actually interested in

Sajan and Rocket River like this.
  14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I do find the BBS as the preferred interaction/social media

Rocket River

15. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Young bit ches all over Snapchat

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I deleted my Facebook account (after about 10 years of having one) roughly 45 days ago or so. It had become something other than what I signed up for when I created my account there.

18. Sajan

Sajan Member

I don't know where I would get most of my news if it wasn't for this BBS.

It covers everything sports related and the hangout will post anything worth really knowing about.

Was on FB 2007-2009 during college.
    Snapchat 2017 ..but the update was annoying.
    Instagram 2017 -...i am not sure what to do with this. I dont follow a lot of people so I am not bombarded with junk.

19. hvic

hvic Member

I stopped posting on fb for about 4-5 years and mainly use it just for peoples birthday reminders

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I never post on social media, just follow and read. My son says I'm a "stalker". :rolleyes:

Twitter is awesome for following people and entities that interest you. I view it often, each and every day.

I also use Reddit, which is more centered around specific topics than individuals (unless a subreddit is about an individual).

The relevance of Instagram didn't hit me until about a year ago. I use it similar to Twitter except I know most of the people. Deshaun Watson is one of the few the exceptions.

Lastly, I review LinkedIN every now and then. I mainly use it to follow my customer base.

Facebook is totally not for me.

IMO, Twitter is for everyone. You just need to put in a tiny bit of work at first, following relevant people who post ideas and thoughts that interest you. From there, your list will grow naturally. It's not a good way to communicate with people you know.

Clutchfans is the only place on the entire internet that I post semi-regularly and actually reveal anything about myself.

Rocket River likes this.