1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

F Trump window sticker do you really want to see it

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by body slam, Nov 18, 2017.

1. body slam

body slam Member

To start with this thread is not about freedom of speech. It is about you and what you want to see.

In local news if you have not heard there is a truck in Ft Bend county with a huge F**K Trump sticker in the rear window.

Just curious do you want to see this kind of language on display? yes, no, don't care

This is something I don't want to see. I'm sure I have said worse, but I try to be aware of what I say and who I say it around. Not everyone wants to hear it. In this case see it.

2. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I am not a big fan of bumper slickers. Summarizing oneself in one sentence seems so shallow.

I categorize all bumper stickers the same. The F Trump bs is no worse than any of the others.

body slam likes this.
  3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Some people are offended by the word F$&@.

Some people are also offended by people claiming that because someone is black with a Muslim sounding last name, they must be a secret terrorist from Africa hellbent on destroying America, and compared to Hitler.

Here in America we have the freedom of dissent and speak out about the president. We have the right to say words like F$&@, sh$%, pu$$y, c@$k, etc.. We also have the right to be a racist piece of human garbage.

That being said, there are things we have the right to do that we have social rules that are violated. Cussing in public when kids are able to hear or in this case see it is one of those social unwritten rules. Also I think politically this type of message changes nothing. It would only harden Trump voters.

So long story short, no this bumper sticker wouldn’t be on my car.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I don't want to see it either.
    There are somethings IMO that should not be public displays
    I won't say ban it
    I won't say it should be illegal

Honestly. I think public shunning and NOT encouraging these things should make a come back
    Social Controls rather than Legal Governmental controls

Rocket River

body slam likes this.
  5. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I'd really prefer not to have to explain to my young kids the F-word, while sitting at a stoplight.

bumper stickers are "moron-identifiers". No Worries put it well above.

6. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

It's not just the word but it's also got a giant middle finger salute. TBH I find the word Trump more offensive than the F word...

7. conquistador#11

that's cool and all but my son is in honors!

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

i'm more concerned about the Sherif/prosecutor that wants to go after the person with the sticker. It sounds like the driver is already being harassed by local law enforcement (not surpised)

CometsWin likes this.
  9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

No

Don't want to explain the word, the sign, the Trump to kids, or even adults.

body slam and crossover like this.
  10. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i agree with the sentiment, but imo it is a form of disturbing the peace. parents should have a right to not have their children exposed to that kind of language. old people too - i think of my grandma and know that would bother her.

i used to play in a band that had some lyrics with curse words (f-bombs, s***, ect). we would play restaurants and coffee-shops where there were kids and even though i was not the vocalist i felt like a jackass up there with a band cussing in front of little kids. i actually got into an argument with the singer over it. he felt it wasnt a big deal he didnt think anyone else should either. parents should get over it. freedom of speech-blah blah.

i actually convinced the other band members that it was not cool and we collectively made him change the lyrics when children were around.

#10 jo mama, Nov 18, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
    body slam, Torn n Frayed and TheFreak like this.
  11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yeah, I liked a time of greater public civility. But I also want drivers to use stop signs, etc. Public displays of "****" are lame, in my book, and we'd be better off without it.

Criticize the POTUS 'til the cows come home, but you aren't furthering the nation or dialogue with the f word in particular.

body slam likes this.
  12. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Personally, I don’t give a **** about it, but it’s not ****ing right to have it out there where kids can ****ing see it, either. So, I would say, **** no.

13. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

The only bumper sticker I have ever considered:

14. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Haven't seen any of those out and about but I have seen quite a few of these on trucks in my area.

[​IMG]

15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It's interesting this is what wingnuts are upset about. The balls hanging from the backs of their trucks are okay, the huge smoke stacks billowing smoke from trucks that engulf the cars next to them are okay, the dipshits with confederate flag stickers are okay, etc.

edwardc likes this.
  16. Buck Turgidson

[​IMG]

edwardc, No Worries and CometsWin like this.
  17. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

I haven't seen any of the balls in a while, thankfully. Those are so tacky. There is a guy in my neighborhood that had those things. I was at the pier trying to fish and he pulls up and we start chatting. After a bit of BSing I asked him, "you sure like to fondle balls don't you?" He was like WTH and I told him, "You have two trucks and they both have a set on them." He laughed it off. I noticed a couple of weeks a later that none of his trucks have balls hanging on them anymore.

CometsWin likes this.
  18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I use F bombs like the next sailor, and I def hate chump. But having it as a bumper sticker is tacky and poor taste no matter how you slice it.

Then again, I hold drivers that put on bumper stickers with lower regard. It's statistically proven that they're more likely to be a dick on the road.

body slam likes this.
  19. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Another attempt by Trump to divide us.

Sad.

20. Daedalus

Daedalus Member

Wow! I'm surprised but glad to see you're coming around to how pathetic he is.