1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Explosions at Ariana Grande Concert

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TheresTheDagger, May 22, 2017.

1. TheresTheDagger

Just found out that the wife of a close friend of the family (who lives in Manchester and is a doctor) dealt with some of those injured in this blast.

2. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

3. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I'm almost of the belief that a deterrent to wannabe suicide bombers should be their family is put in front of a firing squad if they do such an attack. These wannabes would think twice then if it is their families' lives on the line. They are out to destroy other families through death and destruction. Turnabout is fair play.

The crime is so heinous that there has to be just as strong a deterrent. I know that may sound harsh...but this BS is never going to stop otherwise.

#103 Surfguy, May 24, 2017
    Last edited: May 24, 2017
  4. omgTHEpotential

This isn't harsh, it's stupid. Come on, man.

seclusion likes this.
  5. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

You sound like a Muslim with their crazy honor killings and stuff. What if the terrorists family had nothing to do with it? You are going to punish the kid or the parent for the the crime of the other. That makes no sense. That is what dictators do.

Yung-T likes this.
  6. Surfguy

Not any more stupid than a guy blowing up innocent people going about their lives. In a lot of these cases, the families know something is going on as well and do nothing.

7. Surfguy

Maybe something less harsh than killing them. Lock them up for a period. I said "I almost believe...". Israel razes family homes of suicide bombers. That's a deterrent. To wannabe suicide bombers like this, there is no con. They just think they will be in paradise with their 72 virgins and everything is great. They did their job. I guess my point is everything is reactionary and I don't see it changing. It's only going to get worse. Even with this guy on the radar for some time, he was not anywhere close to being stopped.

8. omgTHEpotential

Why would they care about their families then?

9. Surfguy

It's a good point. Maybe they wouldn't care what happens? Obviously, they don't care about tarnishing their family name in the eyes of others.

I'm just trying to think outside the box. Yea...probably not a great idea to kill the bomber's family. lol. The idea is the deterrent is so harsh...no one would do it in fear of their family paying the price. But, you're right. Those guys probably don't care anyway.

I'd much rather have Tom Cruise running a terrorism pre-crime division. Technology just needs to catch up to where it's easy to detect people walking around with bombs in their backpacks in real-time.

#109 Surfguy, May 24, 2017
    Last edited: May 24, 2017
  10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That is how the Romans did it, and the Nazis.

Can't really claim the moral high ground anymore.

DD

11. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Umm, that would make us just as evil as the stupid suicide bomber, man. There is simply no civilized way to deter folk who are willing to blow themselves up to take out a handful of innocent civilians. I was at the U2 concert tonight at NRG, I felt safe but I also didn't let fear ruin my night because if I did then those assholes would win.

My suggestion would be to stop giving these attackers airtime, have the media focus on the victims and not the worthless ******* who committed the crime. Also, these lone wolf attacks are not going away because there is simply no way to prevent them 100%. The good news is that you're much more likely to die of cancer, be struck by lightning, die in a plane crash, or be eaten by a shark than you are to be killed by one of these losers. So, don't let fear win, because that's exactly what these assholes are looking for.

12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

It's not me dying that has instilled any type of fear in me. Imagining my son dying though is what would have me.

13. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

I don't have any kids but I do have a ton of family and I don't worry about them being blown up or shot by a random idiot as much as I worry about them dying because they were hit by a drunk driver, or cancer, or falling down the stairs. Sure, that doesn't help people much who have lost loved ones in these incidents and I don't mean to sound numb to it but we can't let these kind of incidents dictate our lives or else we let these bastards win.

You want to help solve these problems? Stop giving these criminals free airtime.

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

In many cases they don't and you'd still punish innocent people. This is what happens in the worst dictatorships.

15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Moral high grounds sure must have mattered to the people bleeding out after nails shredded their arteries. Not that I support punishing innocent people... Just sayin moral high grounds are worthless as an argument since morals are entirely subjective.

#115 dachuda86, May 25, 2017
    Last edited: May 25, 2017
  16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Funny . . .. that is kind of why they doing the killings
    72 virgins is all fine and good but . . .. hurting people in the countries that hurt your people is probably a bigger motivations
    Every time a we have Colateral damage . . .aka dead kids and women . . . from our MOTHER OF ALL BOMBS
    We have more people ready to put on the Vest. . . . . ..

We dropped many bombs on many families
    in the Middle East and in Muslim countries.
    Weekly . . . . if not daily . . . so . .

Rocket River

17. Nook

Nook Member

If you want to do this, then just deport all practicing muslims.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

True - hard to be a civilized society when there is an entire religion that has major conflicts with modern civilization.

DD

heypartner likes this.
  19. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

"You sound like a Muslim". Speaking as a Christian; you sound like a bigot.

Pizza_Da_Hut likes this.
  20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Seek help.

In the meantime watch this