1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Exclusive Interview With Yao Ming - July,2010

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Champ06, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Champ06

Champ06 Member

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/shLe4Aq4obo"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/shLe4Aq4obo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

Delete if posted.

1 person likes this.
  2. arjun

arjun Member

cool lets go yao!

3. FFz

FFz Member

Wow... Yao's public speaking is very good in chinese. I'm very impressed by him.

4. IamKhan

IamKhan Rookie

what did he say? thx

5. diegot143

diegot143 Member

first of all what a great interview, very in depth and revealing. Though when it came to the Rockets other than saying that we are stronger, his attitude seemed a little down. When ask what are his goals as a player, he seemed to not be to interested in talking about that. Maybe bc of his repeated injuries and the doubts of his remaining career i suppose.

6. amaru

amaru Member

I loved the answer to the obligatory National team question:

Yao basically said, if my foot is completely healthy after the NBA season I may consider it...but at this point I'm not the future of the National team, they younger players have to step up and lead the team into the future.

Great answer

7. Juxtaposed Jolt

Even if this was pre-planned (Yao having time to think about his answers, rehearsing, etc.), which I dunno if it was, Yao was very composed.

Best part was when he said something along the lines of, you can only be a better person if you help as many people as you possibly can, in the country.

8. delishman

delishman Member

I think new head coach Ick Altman can really lead this team to a ring. But hey, thats just me.

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Yao is extremly charming and hilarious when speaking his native tongue. When he is speaking English his humor is deadpan he looks uncomfortable when he is addressing the media in English.

10. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Yao for president!!

11. summitts20

summitts20 Member

I don't like the way that interviewer was checking out Yao

12. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Wow, you can do psychiatric evaluations with a Youtube video that's in Chinese? You are amazing. Almost as amazing as the people making medical evaluations about Yao (and last year about McGrady) based on grainy Youtube video as well.

But seriously, GTFO.

13. EffTheJazz!!!

EffTheJazz!!! Member

Yea better than tmac who kept guaranteeing a healthy return and run to the finals, but that run turned in to a limp when his knee and his back screwed up.. :(

Yao doesn't wanna do that and let everyone down with high expectations. The man is a class act.

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Maybe it's because the reporter tied in kissing the donkey to it? Seems to me that's what he was "down" about and what he didnt want to talk about. That's why he tried to move on quickly.

15. WNBA

WNBA Member

"charming and hilarious" are extremely overstated. I think Yao is more like being mature and professional. Yao is Chinese version Battier without doing karaoke.

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Battier only does karaoke to convince people that he's human.

17. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Thanks for the vid! Man.. Yao is such a class act. I hope he returns to his peak so he can prove all the doubters wrong. He truly does deserve a championship.