1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ex wives.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Falcons Talon, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

I'm not angry anymore. Here's the bottom line...He knows how I feel about my exes. Like I said before, he could have easily asked if I could go up and take my boys with me. Instead he invited my exes. When one of the exes could not go, he called on me. My son said they (ex and her new family) were invited last month. I know its his wife pulling the strings here, but it doesn't excuse my brother for not saying, "Hey, let me see if my brother can bring the boys before you invite his exes. I know that he doesn't care to be at events with them."

#61 Falcons Talon, Apr 6, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  2. Buck Turgidson

Oh to be a fly on the wall at an ima_drummer backyard bbq

ima_drummer2k likes this.
  3. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

Ah OK. That probably changes it a bit.

Sounds like you guys just have a strained relationship due to your mom's current situation. Maybe there was something in the past that made him think you wouldn't want to come. Or perhaps it is his wife pulling the strings and he's trying to make her happy and not have any heated arguments on his daughters birthday.

4. Falcons Talon

Trust me...she and i are not close at all. I wasn't missed, and I guarantee you that she has no desire to see her strict uncle as a role model when she has parents that think her snarky remarks are hilarious. That's not my job.

#64 Falcons Talon, Apr 6, 2017
  5. Falcons Talon

My moms illness has definitely put a strain on our relationship. Hard to respect him and his wife when they do nothing to help with my mother.
    The truth is I probably would respect him if he told me straight up like you just did, instead of making up some lame story. I would have simply thanked him for the honesty and respectfully declined with my explanation.

#65 Falcons Talon, Apr 6, 2017
  6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Gotcha. Makes a little more sense now. My only question is, if the 16 year old isn't close with your son at all, why would they want him there in the first place?

7. Falcons Talon

It was actually my son from ex #1 and my son from ex #2.

Ex #1 let them know later that they could not make it and that's when I got the invite.
    Ex #2 "Tara" accepted and took her new boyfriend to meet the gang.

My brothers wife became close with both my exes after the last divorce.

My son's have told me they don't care for my nieces behavior. I'm not even too sure they were all that excited about going up.

8. Falcons Talon

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

LOL, especially with the "news" that came out about him in the last day or so.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Ok, seems like you are comfortable in your choice. Not for me to judge.

DD

11. Falcons Talon

I guess my exes got my brother in the divorce as well. lol

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

That's wishful thinking. You really think some 16 year old is going to be told the truth or even know about her dad's douchebagery? She won't know about anything going on and her uncle will look like a cuck.

DudeWah likes this.
  13. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I'm guessing yesterday was a tough day for the @ima_drummer2k family...

14. jae713

jae713 Member

This works for me at every family event.

1) Check ego at the door
    2) Get drunk
    3) Enjoy the time I do spend with family.

15. Exiled

Exiled Member

You keep making Exes and they became their friends,seems to me they just ran out of chairs

I don't understand family affair and mandatory bonding at all and I won't be thrilled to attend my own son B.D but a gift card is always convenient

16. jbasket

jbasket Member

First, prayers to you mom, FT, and best wishes to everyone with their situations.

Reading this thread is pretty scary. I'm pretty young, no wife/gf or anything, brothers with no wife or anything. My parents got their 'ole stuff, but I tend to stay out of it though, nothing crazy by me there. Yet, it seems like such conflicts are pretty common? Eek. I'm not close with my cousins, but not a strained relationship either.

I'm currently very good with my brothers. Great. Fantastic. One of my brothers' been dating someone for 3 years: I'm really cool with his gf. Her family seems fine too. My other brother has a 9 month gf; no issues with her (although I don't know her very well and haven't met her family). I can't even imagine life without us in good standing, ya know?

Do people change a lot over time or something?

17. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

It's very easy to change when you're in a relationship. But it sounds like you're in good standing. My issues with my sister have been going on forever and it's not like any of it is really all that surprising to me (except maybe the re-doing the taxes thing...that one still gets me).

jbasket likes this.
  18. Falcons Talon

My brother changed years ago when he married his wife. He has always put his wife's family in front of our family, but my mom always laid the law down. Every since Mom fell ill, everything has gotten worse since mom can't keep things in check and Dad is mostly non-confrontational.
    This was not a sudden thing. However, my brother's wife got close to 2nd ex AFTER the divorce.

jbasket likes this.
  19. watashi315

watashi315 Member

The moral of all this...you can't trust women! They'll turn on each other in a heartbeat and back stab one another. Then the next moment, they're besties.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Ugh, and now because of our idiot in chief we get abbreviated words like cuck...yippee...hell in a hand basket....

DD