1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ew, you really want Iggy?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by True Rocket, Aug 16, 2019.

?

Do you want Iggy still?

Poll closed Sep 30, 2019.
  1. Yes

48.6%
  2. No

51.4%
  1. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

We persued him at least twice before. Once at 76ers when Yao's here. Once when Dwight's here. Right?

2. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Agree. But he did seem like the kind of douche you might like on your team.

5-10 years ago....

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

2nd time was just 2 years ago after cp3 came. he was the primary target right after cp3 during that FA period. he has the rockets to thank for GS upping their offer to keep him

RockingRox likes this.
  5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Definitely, yeah, this 100%

Big guys don't even come in like..."Let's get him working on the post game," it's more of "Can he stretch the floor and shoot?"

The game today is just so focused on perimeter play and spacing that you have to be versatile. We really don't get these big hulking centers with massive legs and bodies and shoulders anymore. The last really truly great post player IMO was Yao. Not being biased at all but man, he had it all in the low post. It sucks because when he got injured he finally got it all and he was dominating the Lakers. I really have no doubt we would have won the championship that year if he stayed healthy, he even perfected his hook shot and once you do that as a post player...that's it, you can't be stopped...which brings me to....

I think all of the great players played on great teams too, I think that's not a coincidence.

I think the argument though against Kareem is like...would he do well in the 90s against Shaq and Ewing and Hakeem? I think so without a doubt. His skyhook was ungaurdable, he'd dominate in any era IMO. Not many players, even great players, have such an unstoppable move like that. I think of Kareem Skyhook's, Dirk's one legged turn around shot, Harden's step back...just moves that could not be guarded because of the space the move creates and that you basically have to foul the guy to stop it lol.

I think there is a really strong argument for Jordan though, don't get me wrong, my opinion on Best player ever changes every year probably, I just think that it isn't as open and shut as some people make it. Some people will say it is Jordan and just laugh off any of the other guys.

But Jordan, hands down, had the biggest impact on the game. He was the first global superstar and really showed what the game could be because at that time the game was dominated by big men, Jordan showed the beauty and excitement of perimeter play in a way that Magic did not because Magic didn't have the athleticism of Jordan and just wasn't the same kind of player and anyways...Magic was almost 7 feet tall lol and really just emphasized how important size was back then.

6. Mr 1999

Mr 1999 Member

People like reeko just aren't sharp enough to understand what you have been saying. He quickly defaults to saying stuff like "common sense" "that's ridiculous" "this is stupid" instead of analyzing.

I knew he hated on other players but it's sad to me that he is committed to hating on our player and general manager too

7. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

Call it pride but ... at this point I don't want Iggy. Not only is he noticeably getting slower (though still effective), but he's the one who said his main purpose was to "protect steph's legacy." I don't want that kind of player in a Rockets jersey. If this was that summer a year or two ago, sure I'd want him, but not now, after the warriors dynasty supposedly ain't over.

Still annoys me how many 3s he hit on us this year though lolz.

hakeem94, Invisible Fan and Mr 1999 like this.
  8. Acura

Acura Member

Michael Jordan is a better scorer than Harden because “defense” is one of the dumbest arguments I’ve ever seen. Sick of the defense thing on harden. Debate the issue at hand.

Hassan Abdul-Ahmed likes this.
  9. Acura

Acura Member

I dig this energy