1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Everything has gone so poorly even the Ryan Anderson trade looks bad

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowconeman22, Dec 6, 2018.

1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I mean seriously . Who could have predicted CF would be lamenting the loss of everyone's favorite scapegoat .

But at this point who wouldn't rather have him and Melton over knight and Chriss ?

We all loved the smaller / more flexible contracts ... and some even hoped knight could come play and Chriss would excel in this offense (snicker)

But we've needed shooters . We've needed size at the 4 , we've needed a real white guy @DreamShook (at least I think it was you and I that were joking about that )

Melton would have gotten some burn and despite having an offensive game to rival MCW ... perhaps he could have brought some defensive intensity and helped us when James / Chris were out .

The most important thing is at least they would have been available .

I'm not saying that the Ryan Anderson trade ****ed us..... but it's kinda funny/sad that even this move which was pretty universally loved hasn't worked out at all .

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I've been telling you guys: Rockets need a full Caucasian bench player to compete for a championship. iHart only looks white; he wears do-rags to bed and brushes his hair forward.

RudyTBag and snowconeman22 like this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

Morey had a horrible summer and basically has to turn dirty toilet water into wine in order to save the season

What role player acquisitions are saving this team?

Tilman paying luxury tax for a lottery team...a few more weeks of this and things could real ugly

HP3 and snowconeman22 like this.
  4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Lol who knew Tilmans little joke during media day would turn into a legit possibility 20 ****ing games into the year .

No doubt Morey and MDA are feeling pressure . Hopefully they can make good decisions under the gun ... but generally when ownership pressure gets applied things get worse, not better

RudyTBag and Reeko like this.
  5. topfive

topfive CF OG

Me, considering the two of them have done absolutely nothing for the worst team in the league.

At least we got two theoretically tradable pieces in that deal. Now Muhrey needs to get to work and make it happen.

baller4life315 and HP3 like this.
  6. hakeemthagreat

I kinda feel Morey's planning his exit & has basically just let the ship sail outta control. Him & Tilman don't see eye to eye and he's basically making dumb azz moves to force Tilman to fire him. MDA seems like he's in the middle & basically powerless

7. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

Well, at least we may actually get a high lotto pick we can get behind.

8. Caesar

Caesar Member

We could have had jimmy butler. We just couldn’t give up a 33 year old undersized journeyman. Too crucial in helping us get that 14th pick in the lottery

pauebtg and BigShasta like this.
  9. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No way Gordon/Tucker was beating the Covington/Saric deal, and who is to say Morey didn’t offer those 2, and picks?

snowconeman22 likes this.
  11. Caesar

Caesar Member

That deal didn’t even come around til long after rockets said no to trading tucker

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Tucker is getting into foul trouble quickly and often seems like

Rocket River

13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rockets PR said that. (Damage Control)

Minny PR also said they were NOT dealing Butler to the Rockets.

Don’t be naive, those deals were likely all on the table for months.

14. caneks

caneks Rookie

at least still have those 4 first round picks.

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

OP... I'm as on the edge as anybody else, but certainly you haven't seen Andersons stats...Let me post them for you

3.7 PPG, on 31/21/78 % in 19 MPG over 15 games

I'm not sure how much Knight will bring, but it's certainly NOT safe to say we lost that trade yet.

ramotadab and snowconeman22 like this.
  16. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

This is why coaches get scapegoated all the time so the players or GMs don't get blame.

For the Rockets, we scapegoat the players before the coach and GM.

cheke64 likes this.
  17. AXG

AXG Member

I agree in retrospect. Anderson played well in spurts during the regular season. Even when he wasn't hitting, at least he kept the defense honest and made an effort. Melton was a steal and we gave him away for nothing

18. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Ryan Anderson's revenge. Y'all blamed him season, now the goat has left us in shambles

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I hated the deal

20. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Ryan Anderson has scored 12 entire points since Halloween for the 4-21 Suns. He's being paid $20,421,546 this season and due $21,264,000 next.

Deanthony Melton looks like he has potential, and maybe Morey could have gotten more for him, but Ryan Anderson is as horrendous as he's ever been.

ramotadab likes this.