1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Everyone!!! The only problem is Brewer!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets4lf, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Everyone be saying this and that....But Brewer is the #1 problem right now.
    He's taking minutes away from our team to help other team. That is straight up highway robbery.
    Get this trash off the team and you will see a 100% increase in wins. He's a wing player with a 23% from 3s.

hakeem94 and BigShasta like this.
  2. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

You sound like a Justin Bieber fan who will cry and scream in front of the TV when he winked.

3. jbasket

jbasket Member

Stop it. He's like the 8th or 9th man in the rotation. They are never the only problem.

FTW Rockets FTW and Lawlruschang like this.
  4. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

The Problem is Defense. The Problem is Jeff Bzdelik-Mike Anthony.

5. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

I pondered this with a shaman in the Peruvian forest. At first we didn't agree but your post is eloquent and well thought out. I am now a believer that Brewer could/may/possibly/might have to go. Ban Brewers IP from the site when he is traded as well.

6. RocketsMAN!

RocketsMAN! Member

We should just cut Brewer. We arent getting anything for his contract anyway. We need someone who can sell sniw to an eskimo yo unload Brewer.

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

i agree with banning brews from cfnet

8. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

he's one of the problems, not the biggest problems. Who's minutes he's taking away from anyway? KJM?

9. alethios

alethios Member

Brewer is a tempest in a teapot. He's done very little to change the outcome of an entire game. Maybe several plays during games but his contributions to losses and wins are small or dare I say, negligible.

10. Rockets4Life13

Used condom and expired Durrito Bag

11. Garner

Garner Member

12. photojoe

photojoe Member

100% increase in wins? Wow!!! So if he hadn't played this season we would be at 68 wins right now instead of 34?

13. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

I do not like Brewer, but I do feel that part of the reason why he plays the way he plays is

1) He is not really a good fast pace player. He is good at playing fast against slow teams a good change of pace player. May be more effective against teams that are not very good or teams like Utah and the way the Celtics were playing in the 1st half on Wednesday.

2) He knows Houston is trying to trade him and has been for over a season now. My guess is not that he becomes an asset, but that his play improves after the trade deadline assuming that he is still a Rocket.

BigShasta likes this.
  14. Moleb

Moleb Member

Personally when Brewer checks in, I can see everyone's moral on the team drop. I mean they don't even bother to help him up when he does his 1 offensive foul a game.

I wish a fan would bite the bullet & buy tickets right behind the Houston bench for the sole purpose of heckling our own coach. Yes heckle our own coach by yelling continuously "why is Brewer in the game?"

hakeem94 and BigShasta like this.
  15. jayfree

jayfree Member

In the losses we have incurred recently, we've been grossly outrebounded. Too many second chance points makes it tough to keep the other team down.