1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Everyone must go

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CXbby, May 10, 2019.

1. CXbby

CXbby Member

The window has closed.

No silver lining. No excuse. Choke city is back. It's time to blow it up.

2. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

**** this whole team. Only PJ Tucker can stay. He's the only one who laid it all on the floor. Everyone else can **** off.

3. YallMean

YallMean Member

You keep Harden and rebuild

The experiment has failed

RoyalGuard, rocketsmetalspd and Lurch like this.
  4. CXbby

CXbby Member

You can spread the blame around.

Harden two turnovers late.

Dantoni playing Clint over 30 mins.

Clint being useless.

Cp3 showed up but he has regressed this year and his contact is now a hindrance.

Morey being the architect of all the above. You can't blame him or the Rockets for going for it. Nice try, but that has failed and now it's time to move on.

MiddleMan and napalm06 like this.
  5. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

I am fine with keeping Morey. But gotta blow up the rest. Build some depth for goodness sake. That's what killed us all series. I am even fine with taking another year on Capela. But Paul and MDA have to go IMO. Surround Harden with some more 3 and D guys and figure out a way to axe Chris Paul and free up some cash to go for a younger big name to go along side James. S&T for Butler? I am sure Philly would love to have Paul with the "pg" play they have been experiencing this season.

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  6. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

Yeah, keep the guy who advocates this exact regular season system, gets players for said "no-defense-ball," and hires the coaches you all hate. Brilliant.

7. hou$tonScrew$tonTX

Unfortunately you must trade Harden in order to get rid of CP3 bad contract. If we offered the lakers, Knicks, or pelicans harden plus CP3 plus Capela they might do that deal

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  8. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

The main reason I am fine with keeping Morey is because he has done better than 28 other GMs in building a team to beat GS. We just didn't get it done. He is the forefront of this NBA revolution. With GS potentially losing Durant and Klay this summer, there is no reason to believe he can't put together a championship roster around James in 1 summer.

topfive likes this.
  9. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

Well get ready for more of the same.

10. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

The real problem is we don’t have any big men who can do what is needed to beat GS. That’s it, plain and simple. Clint Capela was a total no-show this series. Tucker is good for what he does, but we need that big guy who can lock down the paint on both ends.

11. CXbby

CXbby Member

I'm a big Morey fan but at this point I wouldn't even be mad if you let him go. I just can't see any of them coming back from this.

Bring on Hinkie and fire up the tank. That may be the only move to get me excited for this team's future.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Sad but I’m not doing this anymore. I’d rather root for a cheap young team that sucks than this.

At least we could become the Bucks and not this

MiddleMan likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You keep Harden for couple more years and groom the next superstar if you can get one.....early plans are good plans.

Ship MDA out of here.

14. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

The Rockets are deep. They just are undisciplined and don't have a game plan beyond Harden and now Chris Paul ISO ball.

dachuda86 and daywalker02 like this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

Yup. Significant changes need to be made. Doesn’t matter who. This team is done as far as a championship window

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  16. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

The players overall are fine. This is on the coach being incredible moronic.

17. Mr. Space City

I felt better when the Rockets lost in 7 to the lakers with Aaron Brooks, Ron Artest, Shane Battier etc.

They played with heart that exceed their talent level.

This Rockets team is full of talented guys who simply don’t have it there mentally.

Sucks that this is the best this team is going to be for a while until harden and cp3 become washed and retire.

Throw this whole Dantoni, Harden, Moreyball era in the trash

REEKO_HTOWN, Easy, Jake Tower and 2 others like this.
  18. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Morey constructed a competitive roster and brought us two great hustle players in Faried and House that D'Antoni benched. I'm not mad. It's just basketball. But, until I hear a reason why our 6th and 7th best players rode the pine for this series, this is on MDA.

lilbird20, slothy420, JW86 and 10 others like this.
  19. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Tank mode...........

daywalker02 likes this.
  20. GradyMcTracy

GradyMcTracy Member

no team is gonna stop the warriors, for as long as their core stays together.
    i'm done with the nba

dischead likes this.