1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

everyone happy?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by gizmo, Dec 3, 2000.

1. gizmo

gizmo Member

atlanta trades: Lorenzen Wright $4,950,000 to houston
    atlanta trades: DerMarr Johnson $2,107,200 to houston
    TOTAL: $7,057,200

detroit trades: Joe Smith $2,250,000 to houston
    detroit trades: John Wallace $2,200,000 to houston
    TOTAL: $4,450,000

houston trades: Walt Williams $4,250,000 to detroit
    houston trades: Maurice Taylor $2,250,000 to detroit
    houston trades: Shandon Anderson $2,200,000 to atlanta
    houston trades: Carlos Rogers $2,200,000 to atlanta
    houston trades: Dan Langhi $316,969 to atlanta
    TOTAL: $11,216,969

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to atlanta, houston, and detroit being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. atlanta, houston, and detroit had to be within 15% plus $100,000 of the salary given out unless trade exemptions were used for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

------------------

2. NugzFan

NugzFan Member

huh???

wright, johnson, smith and wallace for mo, shandon, walt and 2 no bodies??? hahaha.

and what a great deal for the hawks and pistons.

please...did you even consider them or did you just want to fulfill rocket trade fantasies? no, seriously.

i think 'everyone happy' refers to rocket fans and not the specific teams involved.

------------------
    the nuggets suck...i know, i know!

3. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I don't particularly care for trade scenarios, but Nugzfan -- has there ever been a trade rumor you have not mocked in here? Really. Your act gets old.

Though yes this is lopsided in favor of the Rockets, the Detroit-Rockets portion really isn't that bad. John Wallace is a stiff averaging 5.4 points per game and shooting less than 40% -- can you explain to me again why we would want him, or are you just fulfilling a Pistons fantasy? Why again is Joe Smith+stiff so far off from Maurice Taylor+Walt Williams? Just in theory, couldn't the Pistons use an offensive power forward like Taylor, a hometown boy from Michigan, when they have a dirty deeds kind of guy in Jerome Williams?

As for the Atlanta portion of the deal it is indeed lopsided but only because of DerMarr Johnson -- the Hawks are not dealing him. He, along with Jason Terry, represents the Hawks future.

------------------
    NOTHING BUT .NET
    CLUTCHCITY.NET

4. NugzFan

NugzFan Member

i think i missed one back in august. [​IMG]

hey, the point is im right. i dont see whats wrong with that when its obviously a bad deal. what am i saying thats out of place. its not an act. im just talkin ball.

and you know how much the pistons love smith. i dont think theyd trade him for mo RIGHT NOW. maybe later but they LOVE HIM. im from michigan and they just had a joe smith night. if your name is joe or last name smith you get in for a buck [​IMG]

besides, if i dont reply either rocket fans are going to (A) agree with me and say its a dumb deal (B) agree with gizmo (which is obviously a dumb deal or (C) this thread gets no replies...

------------------
    the nuggets suck...i know, i know!