1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Even Laker Fans Now Think Howard Might Eventually Go to Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da_Spark, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=157591

"Am I the only one that is concerned Dwight will sign with the Houston Rockets as a free agent in July? I find it very ironic that the all star game is in Houston this year. He has the whole weekend to get acquainted with the fans and the city.

Houston is a big city. In 2011 it was ranked #4 in the US by population. Only NY, LA and Chicago are bigger. Houston has a bunch of young talent. James Harden is a legit all star. Dwight has a relationship with Hakeem Olajuwon. Last week there was a report that Dwight is now intrigued with the Rockets as a possible destination in free agency. If there are any CBA experts here can you explain how the Rockets can get under the cap to sign Dwight as a free agent?"

2. pbnfamilia

pbnfamilia Member

They have enough cap to sign him out right

3. SunsRocketsfan

Do not want ho bag howard

Am i the only one that thinks if he gets the max he will be a horrible horrible contract in a few years? Dude has no post moves, no post skills, no go to move and cant shoot.. Hes getting older and his athletism is declining. Once that happens he will be One of the most overpaid stars.

4. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  5. jvu

jvu Member

Morey you..... sly dog

6. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Houston has been the 4th largest city since I can remember, I guess its a shock to most people outside of Houston.....

btw pbnfamilia, I'm pretty sure the OP knew the answer, its the Laker Ground poster that didn't know the answer

1 person likes this.
  7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Houston would be a really good fit for him. I can't really think of a better situation for him.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Howard stays in LA.

1 person likes this.
  9. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Can the Lakers do a S&T to move Dwight here or is that illegal in the new CBA now?

10. speedball

speedball Contributing Member

On a related note, my dog thinks Dwight will end up in Phoenix.

1 person likes this.
  11. pbnfamilia

pbnfamilia Member

Lol I see that now thanks for correcting me

12. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Some of them aren't aware of that.

13. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Yes the Lakers can do a S&T with Houston if Dwight chooses to play for the Rockets instead.

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Random guy on Lakers forum has a thought? That's awesome.

1 person likes this.
  15. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I've been the biggest proponent of "follow the money" when it comes to Howard, but if the Lakers miss the playoffs... I honestly don't see him staying. He's clearly not happy on a number of levels. If they get in the playoffs and show a pulse, maybe they could make the argument that he'll be more involved in the offense when he returns to 100%. Maybe between that and axing D'Antoni and promising an addition or two, they could salvage it.

But if they actually miss the playoffs, have essentially the same team (including an old Kobe) coming back, and nothing more than a vague promise of possible additions over a year away (summer of 2014 cap room)... I'd be very shocked if he came back, in that scenario.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Why would the Rockets do a S&T? What's the benefit for them? If he's interested in Houston and Houston has the cap room, they can sign him for the same money he'd get in a S&T.

1 person likes this.
  17. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

I dont want Howard but I think the Rockets should get him. If he doesnt pan out we can always trade him for another superstar

18. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Was thinking the same thing actually. I'm not that well-versed with the CBA rules but i'm pretty sure they are capable of doing a S&T, just to answer the question of a fellow fan.

Maybe Bima can come in here and shed some light on this. I also have one question, what's the difference between Dwight signing or commiting to a new contract with the Lakers now (during the season) and waiting for the off-season to sign with them? Because i don't get it why he has to make the Lakers wait and refuse to give them assurances that he will re-sign with em yet.

19. daspydamayn

daspydamayn Member

if i was dwight i would stay in LA for the $$$.
    extra $ (~20mil?) + playing with suck lakers > playing with promising rockets IMO

20. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

This. Especially if we just end up adding him to this core we have, why not?