1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Evangelicals & ISIS Feel Fine About the End of The World

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by nolimitnp, Jun 30, 2016.

Tags:
  1. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

2. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Didn't read the article. But who cares what Evangelicals believe. At least they aren't killing innocents in the name of religion.

1 person likes this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

oMG LOGIC!!!!

I love how the Muslim apologist's go to rebuttal is **** talking Christians. Amazing convincing rebuttals apologists. You convinced me.

Que Sweet Lou posting a story of a violent evangelical. It's as if scale has no iota of importance.

4. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Oh yes, let's just pretend the history of Christianity never happened.

http://www.truthbeknown.com/victims.htm

Since you won't read that either, let's pretend the Crusades never happened, witch hunting never happened, along with hundreds of other examples of innocents being killed in the name of religion. Christianity is about 250 years more advanced than Islam, that's about the the only difference.

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I also feel fine about the end of the world, and I don't even believe in an afterlife. I don't see this as a problem, honestly.

6. fchowd0311

Nope...

Christianity reformed because the printing press allowed the Bible to be translated in different languages other than Latin which means that the commoner could read the New Testament for themselves and realize that the Catholic Church was full of bull and that the character 'Jesus' actually didn't want an overreaching mega church looking over them thus the Protestant reformation gained traction and the Catholic Church was in a dwindling spiral of loosing influence.

This is completely different from Islam where the founder explicitly wants a overreaching government ruled by Islamic law. Literacy isn't the problem today. Any Muslim extremist can have easy access to the Quran in their native language and many of these extremists speak Arabic as their first language thus can understand the Quran, the tasfir and the hadith naturally.

And bringing in the Crusades in this argument isn't the brightest of ideas seeing as a significant portion of the Crusades were fought as a result of Muslim aggression in to Europe.

#6 fchowd0311, Jun 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  7. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Muslims and Christians have similar eschatological views. So what? The difference between ISIS and US evangelicals is that ISIS are takfiris - takfiris who commit indiscriminate mass murder.

8. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I doubt there is much that humans could do that would actually end human life on the planet, even nuclear war. The Tierra Del Fuegons would probably survive.

How about we quit dreaming of an after life and try for Heaven on Earth in this one. Bird in the hand and all.....

9. Buck Turgidson

There needs to be a new internet law, ala Godwin's, concerning how many posts it takes for any discussion of Islamic violence to mention the Crusades.

10. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

If each of them have a weapon that can destroy the earth... which one would you rather have it? Yick

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I never understood why disagreeing that Islam is this toxic ideology any more than any other religion makes me "an apologist". I haven't apologized or excused anything. Only pointing out hypocrisy and inconsistencies.

I'm more interested in the truth than taking sides.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Z0GFRcFm-aY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. fchowd0311

No, you are more interested in wishful thinking.

Stating that all religions are about the same when each religion has thousands of different nuanced rules, regulations, influences etc is asinine and is pure wishful thinking.

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Honestly, I really think religion is opium for the masses and many people commit violence in the name of religion.

Personally, my father and his family survived partition only because his Muslim neighbors took a huge risk and helped smuggled them out.

Muslims slaughtering Hindus and Hindus slaughtering Muslims. Neither side was better than the other. And no where in any Hindu text is violence discussed as appropriate means to deal with others. So the idea that the words in the text matter so much, when in reality those who commit violence care little about god and everything about themselves is my observation.

You can call it wishful thinking, but the idea of blaming a religion instead of the people who commit the act is what I deem as wishful thinking.

We aren't going to bring about change or stop violence by saying Islam is violent and outlawing it - that's wishful thinking.

15. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Man that happened like a 1000 years ago. Some people need to get over it and stop using that as an excuse.

Btw...I'm Muslim and I've never seen one of my Muslim friends use the Crusades as an excuse for terrorrism. That would pretty much get laughed at.

16. fchowd0311

At least on the internet, it happens all the time. It happens all the time when a major news outlet like CNN brings in a Muslim apologist and debates a conservative. They almost ALWAYS use the crusade excuse. I've also heard it in person multiple times.

17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

The important thing is that it doesn't happen anymore. If Islam were to modernize the same way Christianity did then that would be great.
    If all forms of religion disappeared in the blink of an eye, that would great as well.

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Who is using the crusades to excuse Islamic terrorism? That's a ridiculous straw-man you are putting up.

19. Buck Turgidson

I feel fine.

20. Buck Turgidson

It's the "well other people did it too" defense.