1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[EuroBasket 2013] Asik, Motiejunas, Casspi, Papanikolaou & Llull -- Sep. 4–22

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HMMMHMM, Sep 2, 2013.

1. MazelTov

MazelTov Member

Don't get that confident about yourself,Israel is better than GB,one game doesn't determine if the one team is better than the other, I'm aware of the fact I'm pretty much subjective, but do you expect?, this is my national team, but if you have the courage to write that Great Britain is better than Israel it means you got no idea about the Israeli national team, the balance of power and the Eurobasket in general.
    So calm down.

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The whole country cannot Eurobasket.

3. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

LOL Carl. Nice.

4. Zalgiris

Zalgiris Member

And Toronto Raptors are better than Miami Heat, because it's not the wins who show best teams, it's the loses. Oh wait :rolleyes:

5. MazelTov

MazelTov Member

Like if your example has anything to do with reality and the subject we discuss about,all you do here is proving my plea that you're not a very clever person,Israel has bigger names and basically better players,the fact you lose one game doesn't mean that you are automatically not good or worse than a specific time.

It's seems like it's very hard for you to understand,maybe you should read couple more times so you can digest what I'm saying.

6. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Relax guys. As previously stated Israel isn't very good, but I don't think anybody thought they'd lose to Great Britain, who petty much everbody had pecked as one of the worst, if not the worst team at the EuroBasket.

Papanikoloau was matched with Jeff Taylor for a while. Kostas has deceptive lateral quickness, but he's clearly not quite the athlete Taylor is. Not much to take away otherwise so far.

7. alfonole007

alfonole007 Member

Spain had a nice 1st quarter. Sergio Llull is looking good but won't get too many minutes due to the loaded Spanish backcourt.

8. rokit

rokit Member

How the hell did Finland win? :confused:

9. Carl Herrera

Makes sense, the Greek are a deceptive people. :p

10. Normalus

Normalus Member

Lithuanian bookmakers:

DMo over 5.5 point @1.7 odds and under 5.5 @2.05 odds for todays game. Will you be satisfied with 6 points tho? :grin:

11. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

finland is up and rising european team

12. Zalgiris

Zalgiris Member

MazelTov, I'm mad at you because I somehow trusted in your "insider" opinion that you have the most talented Israel team in years, so I included Israel's win today in my big combined bet and lost a lot of euros...

Also, one loss may not mean much, but when it's against UK who are playing even without their NBA players... That's humiliating. When did Spain, France, Greece, Lithuania or Russia ever lose to Great Britain? Never. Because even if you play bad you beat them with your individual talents. Conclusion is that Israel doesn't have talent and when they're not clicking as a team they're no good.

13. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Don't sleep on Petteri Koponen. Former first round pick (30th overall) of Portland.

I believe the Mavs currently own his NBA rights, so I'm not sure if he'll end up in the NBA anytime soon given their recent long-term contracts extended to Calderon and Mekel. However, he is still trade bait and could end up on an NBA roster in the not-too-distant future.

14. nobie

nobie Member

dmo have been playing great these last games, i'm betting he will score 12pts.

15. Gnimoay

Gnimoay Member

Finland also has probably top 3 coach in the world Henrik Dettman, who has created his own futuristic play book.

16. NotChandlerParsons

Wait a sec did I see that right, Valanciunas isn't starting?

17. Carl Herrera

I think Hedo is tanking today to speed up his buyout from Orlando.

18. Croatian Sensation

Croatian Sensation I'd rather be a forest than a street

Finland won because they're a well-coached team, with a big stress on team. Bunch of hard-workers, everyone knows their role and that's always a very nice core of players. Georgia is a similar example, albeit in a lesser extent.

On the flip side, we are awful lol. We have a team that can easily compete in the quarterfinals, but the coaching staff is abysmal and our whole basketball federation is a mess. If we had a half-decent legal system, most of them would by now be behind bars. A disgraceful performance against Spain (btw, they played really, really average), and a slap to the face to every Croatian fan who came to see them. I was contemplating going to Celje with my friends, I'm glad I didn't.

19. NotChandlerParsons

Man, Lithuania's center is wretched on post defense.

20. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

Anyone watching Lithuania v Serbia?
    Crowd is insane right now, great atmosphere.