1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Ethics Alarms] There are Indeed Ethics Issues Raised By Inexplicable Choking In The NBA Play-Offs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Os Trigonum, May 14, 2017.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

hmmm . . .

https://ethicsalarms.com/2017/05/14...by-inexplicable-choking-in-the-nba-play-offs/

curious what people think

SamFisher likes this.
  2. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Really looking forward to lame offseason threads again.

ramotadab, Haymitch, mikol13 and 3 others like this.
  3. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

What haughty grad student put this **** together?

Yeah, suspicions go away if someone verbalizes them... GTFO of here with your Liberal Arts communication major BS.

I am a Donut and snowconeman22 like this.
  4. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

lol. try again:

Jack Marshall, the primary writer of Ethics Alarms, is president and founder of ProEthics. He has taken the experience gleaned from a diverse career in law, public policy, academia and theater, and applied it to the field of legal, business, workplace and organizational ethics. A graduate of Harvard College, where he specialized in American Government and leadership, and Georgetown University Law Center, he practiced criminal law in Massachusetts and organization law in the District of Columbia, and led non-profit organizations devoted to education, public policy research, and health.

With Pulitzer Prize-winning historian Ed Larson, he compiled and edited The Essential Words and Writings of Clarence Darrow, published in 2007. He also wrote the one-actor drama, “A Passion for Justice: An Evening With Clarence Darrow,” which premiered in 2001 and was produced at Maryland’s Olney Theater, starring Paul Morella.

His commentary on topics ranging from leadership to ethics to popular culture have appeared in O Magazine, The Virginia Monthly, The Weekly Standard, Trial, and numerous state bar publications. He has been featured on numerous radio shows, including PBS’s Religion and Ethics Weekly, NPR’s “Tell Me More” with Michelle Martin, and many local and internet broadcasts. He served on the adjunct faculty of the Washington College of Law at American University in Washington, D.C., teaching legal ethics from 2006-2008.

He is also an award-winning stage director, and from 2005 to 2015 was the founding artistic director for The American Century Theater, a professional non-profit theater company dedicated to producing classic American plays. He lives in Alexandria with his wife and partner, Grace Marshall, their son Grant, and their Jack Russell Terrier, Rugby. Like many who are interested in the nature of good, evil, justice, and chaos, Jack Marshall is a lifetime fan of the Boston Red Sox.​

DudeWah, ElDobleK and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  5. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I dont think its an ethical issue... i think its a maturity issue...

6. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

He graduated from Harvard with a Liberal Arts degree and did post-undergrad work. Exactly as I surmised. Couldn't be more obvious with that style of pretentious prose.

And were you of the opinion that I trying to get his exact credentials correct? Because I was simply talking about how pompous and uninformed on sports the moron who wrote that drivel clearly was. Looking at his background, I want to vomit that he thinks the way to get rid of suspicion is to verbalize.

What clowns. Both him and you for reading his crap.

7. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

well, that's really helpful. You are a credit to ClutchFans.

p.s. you've really hurt my feelings. I think I'll go cry now. see ya.

topfive, ElDobleK and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  8. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Some explain this to me like I'm a 6 year old

ramotadab, Rudyc281 and malakas like this.
  9. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Lemme guess, you majored in engineering?

10. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

You are bullying me. I feel so bullied. Stop it now.

11. T for 3

T for 3 Member

This guy is so arrogant, he thinks his blog posts are a platform for a pro-ethics movement. C'mon man.

HadToDoItCF likes this.
  12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

[​IMG]

Joshfast and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I read HadToDoItCF's posts in Niles Crane's voice (Frasier). Am I doing it right?

[Also I think this is a hokey idea.. I just wish the NBA wasn't so shady that part of me wasn't actually intrigued by this.]

14. PyroTex

PyroTex Member

If some one was trying to throw a game they would not be so obvious. Something happened, I don't know what, nobody has made public any proof only guesses. I want to know, I'm just tired of wild guesses and all the bickering going on . It probably won't stop though. Damn it's gonna be a long off season.

15. threepointshot3

This thread is unethical by accusing someone of cheating. Bad ethics indeed

16. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I don't get the attack on the liberal arts majors. Maybe he's compensating for being a mister while others around him are doctors?

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  17. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

My thoughts exactly. I understand that gambling is a given in sports, a player gambling within his sport, let alone his own team, is a pretty damming accusation. I mean, Pete Rose to this day continues to be shunned by the league. I hope this is all just nonsense and it goes away. I have a feeling you're right though, this is going to be a long offseason.

18. hakeemthagreat

I think it's unreasonable to think of a motive at this point. We DO know he threw the game and we know he has a history of irregular performances in elimination games. I'm not talking about poor shooting games. I mean uncharacteristic plays in which he throws the ball away with nobody standing there.Times where his man runs to the basket for a layup with Harden looking like he's zoned off in another world. Before we can think of why he would do it, lets first all acknowledge he made a conscious decision to play horrible (2 first half shot attempts, 5 turnovers)

19. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

so what if he did? I don't think he would if there was a chance he could win this season.

I do not think he did.

20. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I get jokes all the time for being a philosophy major. My uncles, grandpas and 2 cousins were all engineering majors. They are all smart but pretty close-minded and judgmental dudes.

A lot of them don't respect the value of a lot of liberal arts majors. It's pretty insular to diminish the value of what someone learned while completing their degree.

Ironically my dad is the only other liberal arts major in my family and he makes the most money in my family because he went to law school after. He majored in "elementary education" in undergrad.