1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN's Stein admits he was wrong about Yao: "I'm an idiot"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CLFranchise, Dec 30, 2002.

1. CLFranchise

CLFranchise Contributing Member

Sorry if this is a repost.

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/simmons/021227.html

Get your Ming Ming
    By Bill Simmons

2. CLFranchise

CLFranchise Contributing Member

Title should say "ESPN's Simmons," sorry

3. longrangesniper

It is a repost. Maybe you should check if this article has already been posted first.:rolleyes:

4. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

The search utility is deactivated.

And FWIW, maybe you should get a new moniker.

5. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Thanks for the post; I'd enjoy reading these 'didn't told you so's' every day. :)

6. harumph

harumph Member

same with me. can never get enough of seeing the doubters/haters eating humble pie :D

7. sncns

sncns Contributing Member

Well, if you read his original article he was pretty hard on Ming. He HAD to write this just to save face and not get fired! He even made fun of Ming high-fiving his parents when he was drafted, calling it the "funniest draft day shot, ever".

It amazes me how little these jerks who get paid to write about sports actually know what ther're writing about. Anyone with any basketball knowledge could see that Ming has skills when you watch his workout video.

8. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Thanks. Be careful though. An old doctor may delete this thread because he is evil and employed.

9. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Hey harumph,

You might think I'm being an ass, but your sig is way TOO tall. You can change the font size if you still want all that stuff in your sig.

10. Manny Ramirez

Still no edit:mad:

Just wanted to add that your sig is longer than your post!

11. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

bill simmons is hilarious. it's too bad that he knocked him so hard in the beginning but it's also nice to see an apology. not everyone saw the potential right away but not everyone is willing to eat crow about it either, which he has done.

12. harumph

harumph Member

i'll happily "shrink" my sig, but i don't know how (no option). do you use the command "[size=x]" or "[fontsize]" or something like that? do you need to use the " / " at the end? i thought it was "normal" size when i entered it... i'm kinda happy if the main criticism of the sig is the size (ie not the content, which i think is quite funny). i just noticed a typo in it (should be "mind" not "my" ).

i didn't say more as i didn't think it was necccesary. I don't feel the need to "waffle on" about BS if i can say it in 1 or 2 sentences, but i can be more verbose if you like ;)

btw, i also thought it was a little "large" for a sig, but they're some damn funny quotes. sledging is one of the better parts of cricket. you hear some damn funny **** out of the stump microphones... and you're not an ass :D

13. Manny Ramirez

Yes, the command is bracket, size=1/2 (or 1/4 or even 1/8) and then another bracket with a "/"

Example:

[size=1/2]Hey Dean, you are a big stupid idiot! (quote from a Simpsons episode[/size]

One way that you can tell is to do the quote another post thing, and that will give you a way of seeing how I did that Simpsons quote.

Once you know how to do that, it is just a matter of going to your profile through the user control panel.

14. harumph

harumph Member

done. thank you.

15. Bailey

Bailey Veteran Member

Favourite sledging moment:

Merv Hughes bowling to Robin Smith. Merv has Smith in some bother, playing and missing outside his off stump. With typical Aussie wit, Hughes says "Smith, you can't f**king bat!".

Next ball, Robin Smith smashes the ball through mid off for four. As he is turning at the non-strikers end, he says to Merv, "We're a right pair, aren't we? I can't f**king bat, and you can't f**king bowl!"

:D

16. ScreamingRocketJet

LOL...I am an Aussie, most here won't have a clue what you just posted mate.

Best sledging moment of all time...the great S. Waugh to the South African who dropped him in the world cup semi final....allowing Waugh to go on and score a tonne.

"Son, you just dropped the world cup". :cool: