1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Warriors trade J-Rich to Bobcats for #8 Wright

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by CharlieMurphy, Jun 28, 2007.

1. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

I knew Wright was gonna get traded, but I didn't see this coming. JRich is definitely going to help the Bobcats, but he's not going to lead them deep in the playoffs or anything like that.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2007/news/story?id=2920330

2. oldman

oldman Contributing Member

horrible trade for bobcats.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Bad trade for BOTH teams.

4. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Horrible trade for Charlotte. What are they thinking?

5. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

The warriors traded one of their biggest contracts when they had to decide on biedrins, ellis, barnes and pietrus this offseason.

Good trade for the warriors, they got killed on the boards against the Jazz, they increase their frontcourt depth and unclog their 2/3 spots.

6. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I dont think it hepls either team a lot.

7. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Actually, it was a salary dump for GS. JRich was due a sh*t ton of money over the next few years, and they still have to resign Matt Barnes, Monta Ellis, and Mikael Pietrus.

8. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

J-Rich is hella good, but you can never tell about draft picks..bad trade in my opinion

9. B.I.G

B.I.G Member

I think this proves we did not get enough in Battier, even though I love him, J-Rich is an All-Star player who was traded for a player no more valuable than Rudy. Near blockbuster move.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

If they keep Jackson and trade Harrington for something of value I will give GS my blessing. LOL. But Richardson was such a big piece of their playoff run.

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

100% salary dump move for the Warriors. Plain and simple.

I question JRich's value as a veteran on a very young team. He is not a leader or the type of player who will help tutor younger players. His best role is as a 2nd or 3rd cog on a veteran team. Perhaps he could have a couple of career years and help the Bobcats win some games for a change.

12. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Agreed. I still don't think Battier alone warrants a top 10 pick.......

13. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I actually like this for GS. Wright is really good, athletic and talented and will fit in well with nellieball.

14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Anybody catch when they asked about him going one on one versus Jordan and he responded with something like "Jordan don't want none of this"... well, he apparently didn't because Jordan traded him a bit later. Just thought that was funny.

15. MacYao223

MacYao223 Member

someone explain to me why this trade is even possible? JRich makes like 70 million, so how can u just swap him for Brandon Wright? Doesn't Charlotte have to include more in the deal to financially make it work?

16. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

because charlotte is under the cap they don't have to adhere to the 15 percent rule, they just have to have enough space to absorb j-rich's deal.

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Charlotte is way under the salary cap. I think they are the only team in the NBA that could have done this kind of deal.

18. Live

Live Member

This is a good trade for both teams.

Charlotte gets a proven scorer with star appeal, as well as a legit shot at making the playoffs.

GS gets a young big man with massive potential who's already better than any of the bigs they have on the roster.

Everybody wins.

19. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

cats were dumb in this trade, jrich with his bad contract to a team with cap space who could have used it to lure a major star this year or next year to the team with a lot of young talent and now they've gone and overpaid for richardson and on top of that lose wright in the process.

i expect wright to do pretty well in nellie's system. richardson was big in the gs run this year but honestly i felt that their run had more to do with monta,jackson,harrington and of course my bruins barnes and davis. richardson played extremeley well but a lot of times was the odd man out. wright gives them a shot blocking, rebounding athletic prescence.

great move by mullin, being able to just shed 12 mill off the payroll and landing a top 5 or even top 3 pick in any other draft at the same time.

20. hooroo

hooroo Member

this is like jordan bringing in stackhouse for the wizards all over again.