1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN True Hoop]Breaking Down The 4-Team Trade (Rockets)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BDswangHTX, Aug 11, 2010.

1. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

http://espn.go.com/blog/TrueHoop/post/_/id/18923/breaking-down-the-4-team-trade

2. devilsdandruff

what is the New Orleans doing.

3. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

TrueHoop has apparently not received word of one Chase Budinger. IMO, Budinger is the man this move was made for. No way he was sitting behind both Battier and Ariza, and I think it's likely he'll be starting sooner than later.

1 person likes this.
  4. daeyeth

daeyeth Member

That's very interesting, didn't know about that. Pretty cool

5. gta

gta Member

This guy don't know a thing. Martin @ 3? LMAO.
    Clearly He's not familiar with the names like Chase Budinger, and T Williams who was part of the reason NJ wanted to move Lee

6. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Well, Martin is 6'7". If there were a guard to get some minutes at SF (like when we have both Brooks and Lowry in the game), it'd probably be Martin.

7. edwardc

edwardc Member

Wow whats next .

8. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

This is the puzzling part imo. NJ tried to get Bosh and Scola, so it makes sense that they went after Murphy. Pacers have been trying to score a decent PG since the last century, so it makes sense for them to take on Posey's contract in exchange for getting Collison also. Houston, after signing Lowry and Scola was in salary cap hell, so they get similar talent in Lee (albeit lose a starting position player) while shedding a ton of space. NO on the other hand......hm....They just traded away a guy who was racking up double doubles on a consistent basis, was making barely over a mil, and was under club control for the foreseeable future for a decent SF with ok salary....I like Ariza but man, Collison? This is a club panicking to keep star player happy and making hasty move. can you say desperation mode?

9. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Can I just say... I love this move.

A: Ariza did not work out. He tried hard, but for some reason he wasn't able to fully utilize his position in the Adelman offense.

B: Lee is immensely underrated. He was underrated in Orlando and he was underrated in NJ.

C: There can never be enough boys who played basketball in Kentucky on this team!

:)

#9 Hayesfan, Aug 11, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
  10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

As an expert in Kentucky, could you please inform us why Lee ended up in Western Kentucky rather than Regular Kentucky, which tends to have the more talented players?

11. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

No way, Shane will start and if Chase shows drastic improvement on D he could earn his way into starting at SF.

He's better suited, as of right now, coming off the bench anyway.

12. Hayesfan

Billy Gillespie.

13. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

HayesFan is on board. I approve.

Ariza was the turd in the punch bowl as far as I'm concerned. I love this move.

14. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

I really don't get this deal for New Orleans at all. Seems really stupid on their part.

But hey, works for me. The more I read into this deal the more I like it for us.

15. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Trying to make Chris Paul happy may cost them long term and if Paul leaves sooner then later they are screwed.

16. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Martin has a tough time guarding physical shooting guards , so unless they have a match up on the floor that can hide Martin on the D side, I don't see many 3 matchups that Martin can handle defensively well.

17. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Oh, I agree. I just think Chase will earn the starting spot before the end of Ariza's contract, possibly as soon as the trade deadline this year. The Rockets are certainly going to give him that chance, anyway.

Ariza's not bad, but he is who he is. First half of last season proved conclusively he has absolutely no upside. Time to explore the upside of Budinger and Lee, who appear to have it in no short supply.

18. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

They should have trade CP3 during or after the draft and hand over the keys to Collison. Stubborn GM's don't want to accept the fact that their star players are gonna leave.

19. Hayesfan

He's not just a stubborn GM, he's a new GM. That makes a lot of difference as well.

20. DontTradeOswalt

I really think Collison and Posey could've gotten someone better than Ariza, dumb move by NO