1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[ESPN] The Cruel Tutelage of Kevin Garnett

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RV6, Nov 25, 2015.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Great read on KG:

Then I heard my friend and business partner, Christian "Boo" Jackson, say to me, "He's [Garnett] getting off the bus, he's coming man". I knew my opportunity was here so I had to make sure I didn't let my nerves get the best of me. Garnett got off the bus with a smile and greeted me like we've known each other forever. We small-talked talked briefly then I told him that I'd been waiting 20 years to meet him and traveled from DC to Denver for this current meeting. He was very appreciative and then I asked him, "Where were you on February 9th, 2003?" He paused and asked me the date again…

He said, "I was in the All-Star Game!".
    I said, "I know, I was laying in a hospital bed watching you after I was in a car accident that nearly took my life.".

I told him about what he has done for my life and how I carry his number on my prosthetic eye and his demeanor changed. We talked more about it and he opened up a little about his current situation in dealing with the loss of Coach Saunders. Both of us were in tears by this point. He insisted on signing anything I had for him to sign and he expressed his respect by writing "LOYALTY" on the Wolves jersey and "The Big Ticket" on the Celtics. He also wanted to take a pic together holding the BiO shirt I brought to him.

He told me he'd definitely be in touch after I gave him my contact info. I had a text from him before I even made it back to our car that read: "It was real meeting you. KEEP GOING…KEEP INSPIRING US WITH ALL YOU DO AND CONTINUE TO DO. IT'S LUV BRO…lock my number in. Pleasure to meet you. -Tic" with an attached picture showing him wearing the BiO wristband.

http://www.ibelieveinone.com/#!a-letter-to-kevin/cyay

2. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I thought by now somebody would photoshop a gif of Garnett with the Pei Mei Eyebrows and beard...

3. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

Supposedly one of the reasons KG was sent to Boston instead of LA was because Mchale still hated the lakers. Good on you Mchale. KG and Kobe would have won 65-70 games each year. Of course the lakers wound up stealing Pau because everything always works out for them eventually.