1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN/Stein] Mario Hezonja could be available for trade

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Deuce, Dec 9, 2016.

1. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

I do think its partly due to Vogel's scheme but also the usual sophomore slump. He would be killer in a fast paced system like ours if he can expand his offensive game. Defensively he's bad but he's been an offensive catastrophe. For a guy labeled as a sharpshooter he's only hitting 17% of his 3's.

2. basketballholic

ORL, DEN, and SAC the worst front offices in the Association. ORL has just butchered young players for the last several years. Then they give huge money to a role player (Fournier) and keep Hezonja out of the rotation in favor of Payton who I'd always going to be an inferior offensive player and just a slightly better than average defender. Hezonja is the best potential playmaker on the roster. They'd be better off to trade Gordon and give Mario that spot. If they trade Hezonja they are demonstrating incompetence. He's going to be a great player.

3. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I agree, trading hezonja for anything short of a reverse protected 1st is a big mistake.

Maybe he's just sick of disney world

4. what

what Member

Translation: if somebody gives us a star they will trade him. lol, nothing to see here.

saleem likes this.
  5. Vivi

Vivi Member

At this point i don't really know what to expect, but it looks like he'll be gone soon, cause someone is going to bite imo, too bad i don't think we'll cause i'd gladly take a gamble for him.

But yeah, it looks like the Magic are really all in and ready to make "desperate" moves, not that i'm a fan of Hennigan (he made other "meh" moves like paying Tobias to just send him in Detroit for free...Saric + 1st rounder for Payton...), but at this point i think Ibaka and Biyombo are more Vogel moves if i have to make a guess...and if this is correct, the situation for them might be even worst...

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Elfrid Payton just hasn't developed, and that is their biggest problem. They do not have a lead guard...

7. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

What a bust this guy has been. We pick up Dekker and Parsons with late lotto and 2nd round picks, Magic draft Hezonja 5th overall to be Chase Budinger. European wings just haven't been cutting it since Peja.

RudyTBag likes this.
  8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I don't think they overpaid Fournier. Kind of going rate for a guy like him these days. Eric Gordon without the injury history kind of guy.

But otherwise somewhat agree. Don't think Mario is an obvious talent, but they have not set up him or Gordon for success.

9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Yeah this dude was in _holic's signature amongst other world beaters like Josh Harrellson and Spencer Dinwiddie - all players Rockets targeting long term according to him

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Whatever happened to Harrelson? I watched Dinwiddie courtside in 3-4 summer league games. He could turn into a decent backup PG one day.

11. hooroo

hooroo Member

one of the tweets stated the magic wanted more shooting o_O

12. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Playing overseas somewhere, total bust

RudyTBag likes this.
  13. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

The pressure of being in an insider's signature proved to be too much for him.

RudyTBag likes this.
  14. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Did you forget the thuggiest of all Euro wings?

[​IMG]