1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Scottie Pippen crowns Michael Jordan

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=6701584

Oh, he was jk guys! Scottie be trollin', yo.

So ridiculous. Though the media might have blown this out of proportion, Pippen should have never made this comment in the first place.

Why does this thread matter? Meh, something to talk about, I guess, now that the season and the draft are over. Lol.

2. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

EPIC FAIL again Scottie.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Pippen is just a dumb ex-jock who embarrasses himself when he opens his mouth.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Jordan didn't say a word. He just gave him the look

[​IMG]

5. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  6. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Madonna crowns Scottie Pippen, not Michael Jordan.

I'm sorrrry, I can't let that one go.

7. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

This just in, Scottie Pippen is a worthless piece of crap. More at 11...

8. Juxtaposed Jolt

You know, Scottie doesn't lose.

If LeBron went "Cavs-LeBron mode" during the Finals, Pippen would have said that he was justified in his comments.

Something like "this is just the start of LeBron! Told y'all he was on Jordan's level - maybe even better!"

Buuuuuut since LeBron and co. flamed out, Pippen casually states that "oh, I wasn't trying to step on anyone's toes, or anything like that."

Fool-proof.

9. Halfback10

Halfback10 Rookie

Anyone that thinks Bill Russell is the best ever is obviously an old timer idiot. Bill Russell was playing against scrubs back in the days. He wouldn't do anything if he and Wilt were to play in the 80's and 90's.

Michael Jordan is the best ever. Hands down.

10. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Bill Russell can't say, but I take credit in what Magic Johnson and few other Lakers said about Wilt Chamberlain.

Even in exhibitions against a young Magic Johnson.

http://static.espn.go.com/nba/news/1999/1012/110842.html

If an old Wilt came back with the Cavs in 84, he probably would've started over Melvin Turpin.

If a guy plays 48 minutes a game for his career on average, that's insane.

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You sir, are an idiot.

Wilt Chamberlain competed against Kareem and held his own as an old man, Kareem held his own against prime Dream as an old man, Dream would have kicked Jordan's ass If they ever met in the playoffs.

12. spysta

spysta Member

Lebron shames anyone who gives him props

In all fairness didnt Scottie say Lebron could be better than jordan, Larry Bird said the same thing a while back when he said lebron could end up being better than all of us.

13. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

[​IMG]
    The. best. player. ever.

14. OldfanofTmac

OldfanofTmac Member

hahahahahah. seriously though, pippen is being a fool. he clearly said lebron was better and now he changes his opinion

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

Maybe its just me, but I'm tired of hearing MJ this or MJ that. Dude's old and fat now, if you want to keep seeing him, just watch Hanes commercials or watch NBA replays. He's great, so what? So are a pantheon of other players like Hakeem, Magic, Kareem, Wilt and Bird. I'm pretty sure any of those guys on the Bulls would have dominated like he did.

Let's talk about the guys who actually play on the court instead of fantasizing about has beens 20 years ago. And what the F is up with Scottie Pippen? Looks like he just says these things to gain publicity and so everyone will look at him, at least MJ has the decency to stay out of the limelight unless he's doing something media worthy. LOL what a media w****.

16. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

How do you know?

If Russell and Wilt have played in the 80's and 90's they would have better trainning, more muscles, better doctors, better dribbling, better technique and all that in those days they had over basketball in the 60's.

17. noize

noize Contributing Member

I don't think there will be another player that can match Jordan's greatness. I mean it almost humanely impossible to believe that someone can play as good as Jordan. I'm talking about the total package, athleticism,strenght, mental toughness,career accolates+stats and the will to break his opponent's spirit.

Look at it this way. He won the first 3-peat for the bulls, and then he got bored and retires to do something else. Then he came out of retirement a year later and gave the Bulls another 3 peat like it was nothing. When he has the desire to compete, there's nothing that can stop him. Scottie is a jealous idiot who felt he's not getting enough attention even after 13 yrs later since their last run.

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

Quitten should get violently bent. Seriously, he should get his mouth surgically removed.

I'd rather root for LerBon than have to hear about this POS.

19. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Michael Jordan won 6 championships in a 6-year span in the L. That was something you called absolute dominance.

Please refrain from calling someone an idiot (and you are basically calling the majority of the world that since they believe MJ is the GOAT), and check your facts.

Overall it's very hard to compare players in different eras, because of some of the things that you stated. But those disadvantages/advantages you stated, the players in that particular era were dealt with the same cards.

Nevertheless, Jordan often gets the nod for GOAT b/c he anchored a 6-time champion as a perimeter player. We have NEVER seen a perimeter player anchor a championship team before Jordan and after Jordan.

Every team you see that wins has at least an all-star caliber big man. And Jordan won it in an era of great big men (Hakeem, Ewing, Robinson, Malone, Barkley, Bird, tough Piston bad boys...).

And we might not witness that again.

#19 t_mac1, Jun 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2011
  20. roslolian

roslolian Member

Did you know Chicago won 50 games back to back without MJ? What do you think happens when you add a legitimate franchise player to a team which can already win 50+ games without him? Also did you know why the Bulls were so stacked? That's because despite being the 3rd pick of the draft MJ signed a multiyear extension that only paid him 7M a year. Except for one year when he made 30M, every year of MJ's career he made approx. 7M.If the Miami Heat trio each signed for 7M a piece, they'd have enough cap space to win 10 rings in a row.

Most people call him GOAT, but most people also thought the world was flat 300 years ago, didn't make them anymore correct. I give him props for being one of the most competitive players ever (along with Bird), but if you look at actual playing ability MJ's below Hakeem and of course Jabbar, who is IMHO the actual GOAT.