1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Rockets management pushed to play Clint Capela over Dwight Howard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TMAC3, Oct 24, 2016.

1. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

maybe if Harden went and cried like a little b**** like dwight to TNT, and ESPN they would be on his side

2. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

i always thought dwight was in the closet, he has female tendencies

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Same punk ass b**** as Dwight.

He goes to Rockets games. Wonder if he says anything to James then. Probably not. :rolleyes: Punk ass b****.

#63 J.R., Oct 24, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
    FTW Rockets FTW and Little Bit like this.
  4. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I've said Dwight quit because Rockets changed ON HIM first. Their gentleman agreement was broken and Dwight pouted on it. I don't think Howard just quit out of nowhere, SOMETHING happened to get his reaction.

THEN, (knowing nothing what actually happened) I think Harden DID have some input on things, but is playing coy about it. I really don't think Harden said "Get this sorry bum out of here", its more like what the article said, that Harden liked playing with Capela's style and had to be frank that it wasn't going as well with Howard. But he is wrongly being made into a "Me-First" player like how Lin fans dumped on him.

Overall I think its still on Dwight for lack of adjusting to what works, playing victim too much and making the franchise look like some evil oppressive overlords. And while Harden has his faults in approach and demeanor, I don't think he's THAT vindictive, but it lumps him in with the evil oppressors.

What the Rockets did wrong was promise the world to Dwight in the first place. It was the only way to get him here, can't totally fault them on that. Sleezy as it is, you gotta do what you have to do. Dwight was impressionable to the good terms. Though it had potential for Over-Sell But Under-Deliver blowup.

kjayp likes this.
  5. DreamEarlNolan

I don't believe that Harden told anyone to give Capela Dwight's minutes, but if he did maybe it was because he got tired of Dwight setting half assed screens and being unwilling to run the pick and roll. Dwight would have been first team all NBA during his time in Houston if he was willing to get his touches on lobs and put backs, but unfortunately he felt that was beneath him. Maybe when things start going south in Atlanta, and they will, then the Hawks can take over as the leagues favorite whipping boys instead of the Rockets.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't see the big deal. Dwight sucked so they wanted to do something to help the team. Sounds smart. The fact that Dwight is a crybaby shouldn't bother anyone.

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

Uh no, this goes against what the Rockets have been doing all this time. They prioritize winning in the current season at costs, even if it meant 1 game difference between missing the playoffs and getting a lottery pick and 18th pick they would still choose to go to the playoffs so why will they suddenly throw in the towel and prioritize Capela's development over Howard's immediate production?

Also if they thought Dwight was gonna leave and preparing to make him leave, why would they try to convince him to stay? And if they were trying to convince him to stay why would they hire MDA, a coach who notoriously had a beef with Dwight? And they even stated multiple times they wanted an uptempo playstyle which is fast and entertaining, that's pretty much Dwight unfriendly since Dwight wants half court sets so he can score in the post instead of running around for PNR plays. There might definitely be some truth in what was being said especially given what Dwight said about his reduced role, but IMHO it was due to Dwight being ineffective and affecting the scoring of the entire team and not solely because they want to prioritize Capela over Dwight just for kicks. If Dwight was converting like he was doing during his first year then nobody would say anything about a reduced role.

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Trading Dwight is hard because he's making 20M in salary and the Rockets want maximum capspace so they can sign superstars so they can't just trade him for trash if that's gonna result in excess salary on the team which would limit their capspace. That's why Rox needed a high price, they needed a big time producer and young prospect because if they trade Dwight that means losing out on the free agent market already. On the other end, teams don't want to offer a lot of assets because there is no guarantee Dwight will sign a long term contract with them once the season ends.

9. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

Once Dwights decline became obvious the Rockets decided to start developing Capella. Nothing wrong with that.

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Damn. I thought McGrady and Harden were boys.

11. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

It's all hearsay (as all articles are), but he has his league sources disagreeing with team sources. Why report this? What are the journalism guidelines on this? The things he's saying make sense, but I don't know if I really believe him. Don't journalists have to have two sources corroborate their initial source before they publish it?

12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

All I know is JB is fool for ignoring his employer.

mikol13 and roslolian like this.
  13. roslolian

roslolian Member

It was pretty funny Dwight was getting like 15 pts in 30 mins Capela was getting 13 pts in 15 mins and still JB didn't want to reduce DH's time. Maybe if he did it early in the season Dwight would've gotten his **** together when he saw himself getting outplayed by a rookie.

don grahamleone likes this.
  14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Lol, didn't pretty much this exact same article come out in like May? This is old news. Clearly someone, probably Cuban, smearing the Rockets.

15. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

In before tinman...

16. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

That isn’t true. Why did the Rockets trade Shane Battier for Thabeet + pick if that was the case, or taken a chance with Thomas Robinson over the more proven commodity Patrick Patterson?

Additionally, Rockets asking Dwight to stay one more year does not in anyway conflict with their plans to eventually push Capela into a bigger role. The Rockets know Capela is still raw and they obviously would prefer it if Capela could develop at a reasonable pace as opposed to being thrown into the fire. That means progressively and steadily dropping Dwight’s minutes over the course of last season and this season (if he were to stay) such that when Dwight leaves Capela would be ready to take on the starting role. None of this conflicts with the MDA hiring either because Dwight isn’t in the Rocket’s long term plans.

So, whilst none of this is in Dwight’s interest, everything Morey has done or have asked Dwight to do makes sense logically. I actually would have preferred it if this plan did go into motion so we would have a more natural transition, but I'm sure Morey himself knows as well that the odds of it happening is low.

17. Dalton Truelove

If you loved Dwight when the Rockets acquired him, you can't hate him now. He did some good things here. I'll never forget the 2014-15 playoffs, he was a monster! All of those awesome alley-oops and dunks!!

ParaSolid likes this.
  18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Tells you what he thought of Morey, doesn't it.

DD

19. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

So predictable right before the season but who cares. Embrace the hate!

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Clown reasoning.

Welcome to Clutchfans though.

Mazulis likes this.