1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN really thought the Clippers would win!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sajan, May 15, 2015.

1. Chuck_Ferrari

Chuck_Ferrari Member

Apparently about 40% of posters on Clutchfans also thought the Clippers would win.

2. Nook

Nook Member

I am not going to knock ESPN.

Do they want a team from Los Angeles to win? Yes (although they would prefer the Lakers), but their studios are right next to the Staples Center and the Clippers were at home, ahead at the half and had blown the Rockets out the other two games in LA.

3. conquistador#11

why didn't we get van gundy? does Lex owe Barry money too? it's the only reason i can come up with or he is just plain trollin' trollin' trollin'. he was down with this team in the 2011-2012 season.

4. Tha_Mac

Tha_Mac Member

Skip still thinks the Spurs are gonna win the Title this year

5. Red Rising

Red Rising Member

http://<blockquote class="twitter-video" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">VIDEO: <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rockets?src=hash">#Rockets</a> after leaving the court <a href="http://t.co/v1CxR5ceRt">pic.twitter.com/v1CxR5ceRt</a></p>&mdash; James Starks (@JamesStarksKPRC) <a href="https://twitter.com/JamesStarksKPRC/status/599084081607913473">May 15, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. Red Rising

Red Rising Member

I'm on cloud 9 today.lol

7. Red Rising

Red Rising Member

What a great day to be a Rockets fan. Well, it's always a great day to be a Rockets fan, but this was one of the best days. :)

8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Man, that's commitment.

9. joeson332

joeson332 Member

:grin:
    LULZ

10. i3artow i3aller

11. oldgunrules

oldgunrules Member

This is what's on ESPN NBA front page. Rockets comeback story is nowhere to be found:mad:

TOP HEADLINES

Grizzlies' Allen: 'Definitely' playing in Game 6
    LeBron struggles, but Cavs easily finish Bulls
    Thibodeau expects to be Bulls' coach next season
    Irving aggravates left knee in first half, exits
    Harrison twins 'excited about' separating in NBA
    Bulls' Noah wins NBA's citizenship award
    Elhassan: Beal and Porter evolving, excelling

12. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Most hated? Come on. Biggest disappointment? Maybe. But the man just isn't right in the head. You can be disappointed in that but hating him for it? Hate Pippen. Hate Barry. Don't hate a guy that's so screwed up he never even played for us and he will miss the opportunity he was given to play in the NBA. He made out a lot worse than we did in that deal. Too, he's a footnote on a footnote on a footnote. You'd have more reason to hate V-Span or even the poor, tortured, late Eddie Griffin (and I don't see how you blame a guy as screwed up as Eddie either). White didn't hurt us. He was a gamble that didn't work out. At worst, a frustration but even with all his bad behavior not a villain. Let's save the hate for guys that actually did something to us.

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

doc rivers also lost game 7 at houston in the 1994 finals after being up 3-2

hope that whiny chipmunk gets smacked up yet here again :)

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

When a team is down 19 in the 3rd quarter, even those rooting for the Rockets and against the Clippers cannot reasonably bet on the Rockets to win.

What happened in the 4th quarter is highly unusual, to say the least. LA sports talk radio has been in shock all day.

15. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I don't how many times I have to say F ESPN for their bull**** reporting on the home team.

The Clippers lost the game, the Rockets didn't win it. :rolleyes:

16. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

And to be fair, none of them thought McHale would bench Harden for that long.