1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN]Now Monta Ellis might want out.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by REEKO_HTOWN, Nov 17, 2009.

1. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Are you referring to using him in the trade above in place of somebody or just in general?

2. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Why wouldn't you?

We have possibly the smallest starting PG tearing the league up in AB and you wouldn't take a guy that's at least 6 foot?

In this system I believe this guy would florish more than he has in GS. I mean it is almost the same deal, except we have tons more defense. ;)

3. legend215

legend215 Contributing Member

100% agree......Monta Ellis is a legitamate 6'3 and has played at the two since he came into the league. At 6'3 he's still getting 20 points a night and is a career 49% shooter.

Ab and Ellis have two different skill sets (Ellis has an incredible midrange game and comes off a lot of screens to get his shot or drive to the basket)

At the least it'll give us another ball handler in the backcourt when AB gets trapped.

If we can grab Randolph, Morey would have to at least think about doing this one.

4. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Where's Battier? Are you trading him along with McGrady for Ellis? What exactly is your proposed deal here?

5. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Isn't the picture above self-explanatory?

I'm not saying it's a great idea. I just threw it out there.

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Don Nelson needs to retire asap.

7. pdewalt

pdewalt Member

Forgive them Morey, they know not what they do!!! :grin:

8. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Rockets need to go after Anthony Randolph hard.

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

Look, Monta already said it best-you cannot play him with another undersized pg. Therefore any trade involving Monta has to include Brooks as well. And the only way that trade would be good for us is if they add Anthony Randolph or Anthony Morrow+pieces to the trade. Otherwise there's no point in doing it.

10. devilsdandruff

azubuki or w.e. is out for the year.
    radmonovic is just a brian cook with better shooting.
    i like ellis. he's very productive. but i'm not a fan of players who ask for trade out.

no thanks.

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Right now he's almost the Allen Iverson of coaches. Why the Warriors organization lets Nellie continue burning the house down is beyond comprehension. As soon as the ink was dry and Nellie got the extension, the Warriors were toast.

Beyond stupidity.

12. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

This guy is a joke, thinking he's all good because he plays in a perfect system.... :rolleyes:

13. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

I doubt he wants to retire when he can just half ass his coaching and collect his $6 million. Its more like the warriors need to fire Nelson, but their ownership is too cheap and incompetent, since they would be on the hook for 12 million. Nelly has this franchise by the balls and is doing whatever he wants, just waiting for them to fire him so he can go back to Maui with his 12 million.

You can lay all the blame at the feet of their Owner Chris Cohan and his Team President Robert Rowell, who is the epitome of a corporate hack.

After reading the article below on rowell, you won't be surprised on why Nelly still has a job.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawaka...rriors-offenses-more-fire-able-now-than-ever/

#33 madmonkey37, Nov 17, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2009
  14. ralphacy

ralphacy Member

This trade is better but I dont think GSW is stupid enough to do it, it works in the ESPN trade machine:

Tmac
    Lowry
    Dorsey

for

Ellis
    Randolph
    Claxton
    Bell

We'll have the fastest and shortest backcourt in the league.

15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

+1, He is the only player on that roster worth having.

Stay away from Monta... He has one of the WORST basketball IQ's I have ever seen. I feel sad for his teammates.

16. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

The Rockets need a center and a two guard. Is Biedrins worth his salary?

17. legend215

legend215 Contributing Member

Biedrins has only played in 4 games this year because of lingering back problems.

18. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

There is no way i'm bringing in another "shoot first" pg to our roster. Monta Ellis is a marginal improvement over Brooks, at best.

19. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Then how about a 'shoot first' SG?

Because pretty well Monta Ellis is a SG. That's the position he's had most success at.

The guy isn't horrible - he scored 17ppg for a team that made the playoffs in '06 (second round no less)
    Then followed that up with a 20ppg performance the following year as a starting SG - and the team won 48 games.

He's got a terrific midrange game, and just has a knack of getting to the rim.

I'd be against getting him though, I just don't see how he fits with our team. It'd be great to pick up a SG who can score 20 a game, but the biggest need is really in the middle right now.

20. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

I'd rather sign AI to a one year min deal than make a long term commitment to Monta given all his complaining.